three.

mom and dad always went out for dinner dates on fridays, leaving the two of us alone at home. mom was okay with us inviting friends over or going somewhere, as long as we were honest about who and where it was.

you used to hang out with ryujin - emphasis on the used to because you two don't really talk anymore. you never told me why, but rumor has it that she slept with your boyfriend and you found out. since then, you haven't had friends over or a boyfriend.

i invited my friends over tonight and called dibs on the living room. it didn't matter to you, you were already upstairs in your bedroom, binging Gilmore Girls on Netflix with the last bag of stale potato chips in the pantry.

i took a seat on the couch, beside taehyung and namjoon. i took a swing of my soda, hearing taehyung's voice beside me.

"is it just you and your sister alone here?"

"yeah, my parents always go out to dinner on fridays. we get the whole house to ourselves."

"hell yeah!"

"chaeyoung is having a party at her house at 9, you wanna come hoseok?"

i grinned, "you already know the answer to that, joon."

we all continued to chill in the living room, waiting for the clock to hit 9:00. we were so lost in ourselves, we forgot to notice you walking down the stairs, making your way into the kitchen to grab a bottle of water.

"hey minji, why don't you come chill with us until we leave?" jimin called out to you, causing me to look at you.

you stood by the stairs, a confused look on your face as you held a water bottle and another bag of chips in your hand. you tied your hair into a top messy bun, the loose strands framing your face. you wore an old pair of gray pajama shorts with the same black tank top i see you wear every night.

you took a sip of your water, staring at us with furrowed brows, "until you leave? where are you going?"

"chaeyoung's party. you can come with us."

"eh, no thanks."

"come on, why not?"

"because shes scared of social interaction," i spoke, cutting you off.

"no im not!" you defended

i scoffed, "then why dont you get some real friends instead of sitting in front of your tv all night?"

"i do have friends."

"oh really, because the last friend i saw was ryujin and that was two years ago."

i watched as you grew silent, an unreadable expression in your eyes. you turned on your heel, running up the stairs and straight to your room.

"hoseok, that was kinda low. didnt she sleep with her boyfriend?" jin commented.

"eh, its whatever. she'll get over it."

you never got over it, because watching your best friend and boyfriend fuck in your bed was something you could never forget. what i didnt know that night was when i left, you were in your dark room, crying as you stared at a photo of you and ryujin, reminiscing over the loss of the person you once called your best friend