eighteen.

"oh shit, we have a calculus test next period."

jungkook widened his eyes, turning to me, "fuck, lend me your notes?"

"yeah, sure," i responded, pushing open the cafeteria doors.

"so you're just keep lying to everyone, huh?"

jungkook and i turned towards the yelling, shocked to hear the person it had been coming from. we ran over, watching as jimin stood at the lunch table, hands slammed against the table. on the opposite side of him was yoongi, who sat unbothered as jimin fumed before him.

"what's there to lie about? i've been telling everyone the truth."

"i'm gonna fucking kill you!" jimin cried out, reaching down to grab yoongi by the collar. instantly, yoongi was pulled up out of his seat, jimin's fist inches away from yoongi's face.

namjoon and jin grabbed jimin, pulling him away from yoongi. taehyung and i grabbed yoongi, trying to pull him out of jimin's grasp. jungkook grabbed jimin's arm before he could punch yoongi, halting him from going any further. after struggling for a bit, the two were eventually off of one another. jimin pulled his arms away from namjoon and jin, spitting at yoongi as he spoke, "go rot in hell, you son of a bitch."

jimin stormed off, anger radiating every step he took. yoongi gathered himself, sighing with his head in his hands. i turned to yoongi, eyebrows furrowed, "what the fuck happened between you two?"

"don't look at me, he was the one who came over screaming at me," yoongi defended.

the situation left all six of us in shock, our lunch table silent as we all ate. not once did jimin ever lash out like that. he wasn't the kind of guy to get angry or raise his voice. when he did, it was intimidating as shit. for jimin to threaten to punch yoongi like that must've meant that whatever happened was serious shit.

i didn't know at the time, but the real reason jimin had gotten mad was because you told him the whole truth, everything about yoongi and what everyone was saying to you. it made jimin's blood boil, sending him in a rage after yoongi.

it was in that moment that i watched one of my best friends walk out of the cafeteria, completely walking out of my life.