fifteen.

everyone who heard about your rumors started making fun of you for it. it wasn't long before people muttered the words slut or skank under their breaths whenever you walked by. you stopped eating lunch in the cafeteria, stopped looking up when you walked in the halls.

the girl who used to put effort into picking what to wear in the morning turned into the girl who wore hoodies every day. you started eating lunch in home room, the empty classroom all to yourself. you wore earbuds everywhere you went, to block out all the negative words, but you still heard them.

you started receiving little notes in your locker with crude words written on them - sometimes they were even death threats. all of your old friends that you used to have turned against you. they started calling you names as well, following orders under their majesty, ryujin. she especially took pride in hurting you.

the words they were saying really took a toll on you. it wasn't long before you were skipping classes. you never entered a room without a hood over your head and dark circles coating your under eyes. your skin started turning paler, your eyes draining from it's natural glow. you never smiled anymore, or spoke to anyone. mom and dad were always working, so we never got to talk to them often anyways.

i had so many opportunities, so many chances to speak out and help you. yet i didn't. i sat and did nothing. if only i had cared more, if only i had taken that extra step.

but i say that so much now that at this point, it's not much of an excuse anymore.