twenty five.

i parked my car in the school parking lot, shutting it off before exiting the car. i walked around the front of the car, helping saerin out of the passenger seat. she giggled, interlocking our fingers before we both headed towards the entrance of the gym. several other groups and couples made their way towards the gym in various directions, the sound of laughter and heels filling my ears. in front of the gym entrance was a small booth with a teacher sitting behind it. he wearily took the kid's tickets, placing them in a small jar. we reached the entrance, handing him our tickets before entering the gym.

the entire gym was filled with flashing blue and purple lights, the large crowd of people on the dance floor slowly growing larger by the minute. along the sides of the gym were various circular tables covered with white cloth. near the entrances were stands filled with various snacks and beverages, the fruit punch nearly empty. towards the other end of the gym was a large stage, a local band playing one of their latest songs.

with saerin close, i headed in the direction of where my friends were, seeing them all sitting at a table with their dates. i sat beside jungkook, who greeted me instantly. i looked around the gym, immediately spotting you at a table nearby. you sat at the table alone, watching jimin return to the table with two glasses of punch. i watched as you reached for the drink, taking a sip as you chatted with jimin.

your entrance wasn't one you hoped for, but you expected it at this point. people watched as you made your way into the gym with jimin, whispering under their breaths. you kept glancing up at jimin to see if he noticed or if he would say anything. you tried to ignore them, yet the overwhelming fear of not knowing what they were saying ate away at you. you heard their voices grow louder, their stares growing intense. even as you sat at a table and talked with jimin, you couldn't get it out of your head. jimin promised you that you didn't have to spend the whole night at prom and that the two of you can leave early and go somewhere else. you were constantly staring at the time on your phone, wanting nothing more than to get out of that gym.

an hour passed and so did your patience. i had been oblivious to you, dancing on the dance floor with saerin. you sat at the table with jimin, looking around at the other kids. you knew they hated you, you knew they were whispering rumors and slurs when you walked by. you knew it all, and the feeling of not knowing what they were saying made you anxious. you felt out of place, sticking out like a sore thumb. the fear was so bad that it made your chest tighten up. you stood up, turning to jimin.

"i'm going to go to the bathroom for a minute," you explained, walking towards the bathroom.

you shut the bathroom door, standing in front of the sink. you held the sides of the sink, jimin's car keys that you stole from his jacket pocket gripping tightly in your palm. the keys dug deep into your palm, sending a spark of pain up your arm. you took deep, shaky breaths, trying to calm yourself down. you heard giggling getting closer to the bathroom, the bathroom door swinging open. the giggling stopped, causing you to look in the direction.

in the doorway stood ryujin and her friends, staring at you in shock. they giggled even more at the sight of you, how pathetic and frightened you look. they sauntered towards you, ryujin pouting as she stared at you, "look, it's the school's slut."

"i heard she went to yoongi the other day begging for him to get back with her," another girl spoke, causing you to look at her.

"no i didn't," you mumbled out, disbelieving the fact yoongi would say that.

ryujin smirked, pushing you away from the sink, "that's so cute, thinking that if you begged him enough, he'd go back to you. it's a good thing he didn't, no one would want to be with a whore like you."

"she'd probably give him an std!"

"who knows how many she has, she probably gets so many from all the guys she fucks."

"what a skank."

"here, let me fix your dress for you," ryujin suggested, reaching forward as she held the fabric of your dress, ripping it in half.

you pushed her away, immediately covering the spot she ripped. the other girls laughed at how you struggled, your eyes growing hot as you covered the exposed half of your body.

"aw look, she's gonna cry."

"what a dirty little piece of shit."

"i'm surprised she hasn't offed herself yet."

"you're right, she totally should," ryujin laughed, stepping closer to you. "why should a bitch like you deserve a life?"

it wasn't long before they continued to rip your dress, the ripped pieces scattered along the floor beside you. you pushed them away as much as you could, shouting at them to stop. the tears flew down your cheeks, the heavy feeling in your chest tightening.

"stop!" you screamed out, pushing them away. they backed away, watching as you leaned against the wall, tears down your cheeks as you tried to cover all of the exposed parts of your body.

"rot in hell skank," ryujin spat, walking out of the bathroom along with the other girls.

you slid down the wall, knees curled into your chest as you cried. you leaned your head back against the wall, shutting your eyes tight. after a moment, you picked yourself off the ground. you stared at yourself in the mirror, wanting to punch the crap out of the girl you saw on the other side. you walked towards the bathroom door, peeking out of the small space. you looked towards the side, noticing the emergency exit. taking a deep breath, you quickly walked out of the bathroom before running towards the exit.

you pushed open the door, running away from the gym. you ran towards the parking lot, stopping in the middle road as you took deep, frantic breaths. you pressed the alarm on jimin's car keys, seeing his car light up in the distance. you hurriedly walked towards it, stepping into the driver's seat. with tears in your eyes, you pulled out of the parking lot, driving off down the road. it's crazy how throughout all of that, not a single person cared enough to see where you were or where you fled off to.

not even me.