Chapter 14

🌌~Synchronized~🌌
A Dance! Jander AU
Chapter 14 -

Zander's POV

I sat on Jake's balcony, admiring the view. I had the towel wrapped around me and my hair started to curl at the ends. This always with my stupid hair, I sighed as I stood before walking inside. Everyone seemed to be playing uno on the floor, when I entered the room looked to face and Jake smirked at me.
"Looks like you can tie it into a ponytail." Jake stated smugly.
He turned to face Hailey and spoke up "Do you have a hairband?"
Hailey nodded as she handed Jake a hair tie that was around her wrist. I made my way over to Jake and sat down next to him lazily. Jake ran his fingers through my hair and just scowled at me.
"Do you even brush your hair?" Scoffed Jake as he tied back some of my hair into a small ponytail leaving two small clumps of my hair in front of my face.
"What are you even doing?" I asked while glaring at him.
"Mhm, you'll see." He hummed softly as he began to braid one of the pieces of hair in front of my face.
Jake finished braiding the two pieces of hair and untied the ponytail, He then tied the ponytail and two braids together.
"Done!" Jake exclaimed as he grabbed my hand and dragged me to a mirror.
There were two braids on each side and were connected to a small ponytail. I guess it looked okay, I smiled softly to myself as I inspected the hairstyle in the mirror.
"Looks good right?" Jake bragged.
"Eh." I deadpanned.
"Better than nothing!" Mentioned Jake with finger guns.
We made our way over to the rest and Jake was about to shuffle the uno cards, the door creaked open to reveal Sean who was holding a small paper bag.
"Um hello?" Sean greeted awkwardly as he walked in and set the bag on the table.
"I got some macaroons, well i'll be heading out now." Sean mentioned.
"Oh where are you going?" Jake asked.
"A date." Sean muttered, Jake's expression dimmed at what he said but Jake just smiled softly.
"Alrighty, thanks for the macaroons." Jake mumbled.
"Well bye"Sean called out as he walked out the door.
Jake stared at the macarons blankly and I decided to speak up "Jake you okay?"
He turned to face me with a sad smile on his face.
"I'm fine." Jake said in a soft tone.
"You're clearly not fine." I snapped as I locked eye contact with Jake.
Jake sighed and looked back down at the macarons.
"Well I think we should all be going now." Luke added as he stood up.
"I'll stay for a bit, I need to tell Jake something." I murmured.
"Alrighty!" Milly chirped up as she began to walk out the door with everyone else.
"Bye everyone" Hailey said as she followed Luke and Milly out the door.
Jake turned to me with tears welling up in his eyes.
"Jake..." I sighed.
"You really need to stop bottling your emotions." I groaned as I sank deeper into the couch.
Jake plopped onto the couch beside me and just started sobbing. I stared at him blankly, I've never been the best at comforting people.
"Hey it's okay, just let it all out." I said in a soothing tone.
Jake rested his head against my shoulder as he clutched my hand tightly.
He wiped his eyes with his sleeve as he sniffled softly into my shoulder.
Soon the crying stopped and his grip around my hand loosened, I turned to face Jake only to realize he had fallen asleep. My eyes soon fluttered shut as I descended into dream land.

🌌~Synchronized~🌌