Chapter 20

🌌synchronized🌌
A jander dance au!
Chapter 20 =

A small smile gradually formed across Zander's face.
"Don't forget your happiness as well." Zander spoke up.
Jake tensed up slightly, a slight blush creeping up on his face.
"Huh?" Stammered Jake.
"Your happiness is important as well, you dimwit." Zander snickered.
A warm feeling spread inside of Jake, sure it was a simple sentence but it's the first time he's ever been told that, and by Zander nonetheless.
"Thanks." Jake beamed with his usual wide grin.
"My pleasure." Responded Zander, returning a grateful smile.
After Jake and Zander got off of the ferris wheel, still admiring the colorful display in the sky, they met up with Hailey, Luke and Milly once again.
"Heya!" Milly greeted with her usual spunky attitude.
"Where were you?" Hailey questioned.
"Ferris wheel." Zander simply said.
"Yep!" Jake added.
"Well, the fireworks have just stopped so-" Luke mumbled.
"Let's just go home then." Milly chirped up, cutting off Luke.
"Yep, I'll drop Milly and Luke off, Jake can just drop off Zander." Hailey replied.
"Alrighty." Jake yawned as he stretched his arms out.
Soon the three had left, leaving Jake and Zander alone.
"Let's go." Jake muttered under his breath, motioning to Jake to follow him.
The two made into Jake's car in a dreamy silence, Zander rested his head against the window, watching the blur of neon lights coming off of city buildings, the soft hum of a radio eased the silence slightly as Jake drove across the empty road.
"Zander, we're here-" Jake said, before realizing that Zander was asleep and sprawled against the window.
Jake chuckled to himself softly before scooping Zander in his arms, not exactly wanting him to wake up.
"You idiot." Jake hummed softly as he put Zander onto the couch, it's a good thing Sean wasn't going to be home until tomorrow.
Zander shifted in his sleep for a bit before relaxing completely, achieving peace as he laid across Jake's couch. Jake grabbed a blanket and laid it on top of Zander, Jake hesitatingly reached his hand out for Zander's forehead, which had stray strands of hair covering his eyes. He sighed before giving in and brushing the stray strands of hair away softly.
Jake muttered something incorherable under his breath and collapsed onto his bed, forgetting that he had to drop Zander off.

🌌synchronized🌌