EP07: WHERE HE REALIZES THAT HE GOT SCREWED

Five years ago

The outer environment was quite cool. A breeze that picked up was blowing and caressing his whole demeanour like a mother caressing her child. In any other situation, he would have enjoyed it to the core.

But not today.

At the moment all he could feel was rage which was exactly the opposite of the cool environment that was surrounding him.

His phone began to ring again.

And just like gazillion times before he let it go to voicemail.

He knew who was calling him at this time.

He also knew why his phone didn't stop ringing since evening.

He knew that everyone who mattered in his life would know everything by now.

Except for one...

...who knew for sure this day was going to come sooner or later?

"You won't believe it now. You won't believe me tomorrow as well. However, you will believe me one day. And all I can hope is that by the time you come face to face with the truth it won't be too late for you to redeem yourself."

He closed his eyes as those words came back to haunt him.

He was being warned over and over again.

But unfortunately, he was too blind to see the truth that was right in front of him.

The only thing he wanted at the time was to go back in time and change everything that lead to today's disaster.

However, he knew it won't be possible.

He had created a mess and he will have to face the consequences of it.

He had to live with the result of the choices that he had made in the past.

And that will be his punishment.

He had already lost his most precious relationship because of his sheer stupidity however he won't let his other relations get away as well.

Maybe it's too late to apologize but it's never too late to begin rectifying one's mistake and preserve the relationship that gave him everything all his life.

A part of their last conversation pierced through his heart.

"The promise that I made to your mother gets fulfilled with this victory of yours. However, this marks the end of our relationship as well as I have done my part. Now there is nothing left for me here so it's time for a fresh beginning for me as well. So far I have lived only for others. From now on I will live for myself only. And in that life, there is no space for people like you."

He smile as a drop of tear ran down his cheek.

He knew he messed up big time.

He knew that he can't change anything anymore.

He had to live with the consequences no matter how painful they are as he can't run away from the fact anymore by shrugging blame on someone else.

And at that moment he realised...

... that's what is called being Screwed by life.

------------------------------------------------------------------