EP.13. WHERE SHE IS FINALLY HOME

Chattrapati Shivaji International Airport, Mumbai. India

She finally came out of the airport and switched on her cell phone. She was debating whether to wait there for her entourage to pick her up or simply take a cab and start moving towards her destination when her cell phone rang.

She expected to see a known number calling her. However, that wasn't the case.

It was from an unknown number.

She was curious to know who called her at this hour as it was around 4 in the morning.
Picking it the answered "Hello..."

"Welcome back my sweetheart."

And almost instantly her eyes welled up as she replied "Badi Maa.."

"It feels great that you still remember my voice because I thought you forgot everything including me."

She smiled as she wiped her tears away. "Well, I could say the same thing about you too. How come you never called or visited me in all these years? Did you not miss me at all or did you simply forget about me.."

"Oh no..no..no...dodon't try to turn this on me, young lady. You might be The Queen-B for the rest of the world but for me, you will always be my little Munchkin who I know inside out. So don't do try to make me the bad person here."

"I am not trying to do anything like that Badi Maa. I am just stating a fact." Samaira shook her head as her smile grew wider.

"Keep your facts to yourself. If I say you are wrong then just accept the verdict and admit that this time you were at fault. Why did you leave your Badi Maa, to begin with."

"Then why didn't you stop me Badi Maa? Don't you know I always listen to you
" she stopped abruptly because she knew she shouldn't have said that but before she could say anything further her Badi Maa spoke "..and that's exactly why I didn't stop you Munchkin. Because I knew you would stop if I asked you not to leave. I couldn't do that to you anymore because already you had to suffer a lot because of me."

This time she cut it off. "Nothing was your fault Badi maa. You didn't do anything wrong."

"You are still the same Munchkin. Too blind to see my mistakes."

To which Samaira responded, "...because I am blinded by your true love for me Badi Maa."

"Nice save girl. I am impressed. I guess you did spend a lot of time with Sakshi in these years."

"Well Maa would surely take that as a compliment." She snorted. "But thank you Anyways for the compliment."

"I missed you my Munchkin."

"I missed you too Badi Maa." She confessed.

"Well in that case come back to me as soon as possible."

Samaira wanted to say "Yes" but she indeed hesitated just like her Badi Maa expected.

"We won't be staying at Singhania Mansion so don't worry. It will be your bade papa and me only that you will be staying with throughout your stay here."

She tried to get out of it because she knew she won't be able to stop herself if she gave into Badi Maa's wishes. "But what about Snighdha Masi? And Sanjana would kill me if I didn't stay with her this time.."

"That's why we will be staying in the Mansion next to Snigdha's place. Do you have any more excuses or are you running out of them?"

"Do I have a choice to even begin with?" Samaira shook her head in amusement. "Maa is going to flip.."

"Well, one of my motives is to piss your mother off for letting her taste her own medicine for keeping you away from me all those years so I said it's spot on."

Samaira smiled as she smiled angelically. "God I missed you so much Badi Maa."

"I missed you too mera bachcha."

And just then a big car stopped right next to her in the driveway. "Samaira babyji.." she heard a familiar voice that only made her smile grow wider "Gulshan kaka.."

She got back to her call "You sent Gulshan Kaka to pick me up.."

"Well he is one of your favourite people and he was more than happy to offer his services to one of his favourite people as well. That's why he requested to be your official chauffeur throughout your entire stay here as soon as he heard you were coming back for Sanjana's wedding."

Gulshan kaka was putting all her baggage in the car when she nodded at him smilingly. "Thank you so much Badi Maa. This was a lovely surprise."

"Stop saying thank you and quickly come back to me as I am waiting for you here."

"Yes, Mam." She smiled. "Love you Badi Maa. I will see you in a few minutes."

"Love you too Munchkin."

Samaira looked at Gulshan kaka as her call with her Badi Maa ended. "Thank you for this Kaka. I am touched."

"Thank you for coming back Betaji. And yes Welcome Back Home." Gulshan's words were so warm and welcoming that finally, she realised how homesick she was. "Thank you, Kaka."

"Let's go Betaji. Nandini Madam is waiting for you." He had already put all her luggage in the car.

So they both got in and Gulshan drove the car away from the parking lot onto the streets of Mumbai.

"Welcome back Samaira." She whispered to herself. "Welcome back home."

------------------------------------------------------------------

**Samaira's Badi Maa is Nandini Singhania (mother of Krish Singhania.)

And she just calls Nandini -- Badi Maa. They aren't related. The only connection that they had is that they both are connected by their heart.

So don't get confused thinking that Samaira is Krish's cousin or her sister or something.

Hopefully, there won't be any confusion.**