EP09: WHERE HE IS STILL BEING PUNISHED

Several Years Ago

Mumbai, India.

Singhania Mansion.

He threw his jacket away as he entered his room "What kind of coercion is this? Nothing doing. I am not going to do anything so creepy and outrageous."

He looked at the kurta pyjama that was lying on his bed. "You got to be kidding me."
He picked it up with a big scowl on his face "You all seriously think I am going to wear all this."

"Yes, you will."

Her voice shocked him because she was the last person he expected to be present in his room. "What are you doing here."

"Trying to talk some sense into you." She walked towards him and took the clothes from his hand. "Why do you have to be so annoyed at everything Krish? Everyone had worked so hard on this wedding. Why do you have to act like such a big cribber all the time."

"You heard na what Maa said." He complained.

She only smiled back in return "She is your mother Krish Singhania so, of course, she is worried about you. She wants you to settle down. What's the harm in that."

"Not you too yaar Sam" He slumped on the bed. "I am not ready for all this."

"You won't ever be ready for anything Krish till you give it a chance." She sat next to him. "And by the way were you running away from your own sister's wedding rituals Mugdha will kill you don't you know that."

"She would be too busy to notice my presence sweetheart." He pulled her cheeks.

"Probably. But your presence will double her happiness. Think about that." She pulled his cheek as well.

"You are so good at emotional blackmailing. Seems you have improved a lot in this department as well apart from turning into a drop-dead gorgeous beauty." She rolled her eyes. "Call it returning the favour my love. Several years back you asked me to trust you and follow your instructions and in return, you promised me that I would make some of the best memories of my existence."

She got back on her feet pulling him along as well "...so this time I am asking you to follow my instructions by trusting me and I promise you will have the time of your life in this wedding."

His smile was her victory sign. "Good boy. Now change into this and come out fast. We need to make certain arrangements before the Roka ceremony officially takes place."

She was about to walk away when he pulled her closer "But what about that girl.."

She wasn't at all startled as she was used to such close distance with him "Meet her once. Give it a chance and in case you don't think that she is the one for you then I promise to bail you out of this situation. However, be honest and give this meeting a true chance. Okay"

"Fine." He made a face but agreed as he took the clothes back in his hands. "..and then you will cook pasayam for me as well."

"Pakka promise." Her smile made his day.
"Awesome" saying this he left to change while Samaira walked out of the room only to meet Nandini in the corridor.

"He agreed." She winked at Nandini as she planted a kiss on her cheek. "I told you I will handle this."

"You are a blessing Samaira." She hugged her back. "Thank you for just breathing."

"Your welcome Badi Maa." She checked her cell phone. "Mugdha is calling Badi Maa...I will catch you in some time." Samaira rushed towards Mugdha's room.

Nandini smiled a sad smile as she mumbled to herself "Only if you could become my Krish's bride life would have been so much better and easier. But I guess something isn't destined to be."

Present Time

Nandini was sitting in her room as she gently caressed the photo frame of her favourite person in the whole world. A drop of tear fell from the corner of her eye on the photo frame.

"Maa...here you are...Dad and Di.." before he could finish his sentence he saw Nandini's ashen face. "Maa..what's wrong.."

Krish was about to wipe her tears away when Nandini stopped her. "Don't.."

He froze at his place. "I am sorry Maa. I was just worried for you."

Nandini snorted. "Well, you are always sorry for wrong reasons Krish. Tell me something new." Wiping her tears away she got up from the bed. "What is it? How come you are here all of a sudden."

"Do I need to fix an appointment to meet my mother?" He was hurt but he knew his mother didn't care at all. And her words just proved that. "That won't be a bad idea."

She kept the photo frame on her bedside table. "Why are you here Krish? Say it quickly. I don't have much time to spare because I have to help Snigdha with all the arrangements."

Krish didn't argue. He simply informed "Mughdha is on her way with Dad. They both will directly reach Snigdha Masi's place. So Dad asked me to drive you there as well."

"Okay. " Nandini took out the sari and matching jewellery that she had already kept aside in her cupboard. "You wait outside. I will join you in 20 minutes."

She didn't look back and that was Krish's clue to leave. He simply nodded and left the room.

Nandini didn't even bother to check whether he left or not. She simply went inside her walking closet that had other accessories that she needed to match with her outfit tonight.

Krish sat on the sofa as he took a deep breath. "For how long will you punish me like this Maa? For how long will you treat me like this? I know I committed a blunder Maa but I am already repenting for it. I know I can't blame you but it hurt being treated you like this Maa."

He knew his mother wasn't wrong at all and he deserved all her wrath. But the way his mother treats him killed him from within. But he never said anything because he knew that due to his past actions not only his mother but another innocent heart was brutally broken. So this was usually like a payback. He was getting a taste of his own medicine--that Karma chose to personally hand deliver to him.

------------------------------------------------------------------