𝙊𝙣𝙚

A blanket of darkness gently cradled the quaint town of 'Silent Creek' as the thundering storm proceeded to prove difficult for nighttime commuters

A blanket of darkness gently cradled the quaint town of 'Silent Creek' as the thundering storm proceeded to prove difficult for nighttime commuters. The harsh winds thrashed against the closed window in an angry manner, while the power dipped in and out of use.

Renjun quietly sat in his room, seat pulled up to the desk while he scribbled beautifully written notes onto the slightly discoloured notebook.

His soft breaths filled the silence of the empty house.

The silence made him settled as the stench of uprooted mud from his hours of undisturbed gardening wafted throughout his small and cozy bedroom.

He side-eyed the bouquet of freshly picked roses which bathed in filtered water.

Oh how beautiful the crimson flowers were. It had always been his favourite because not only were the petals as bright as freshly spilt blood, but the thorns caused mild discomfort when he picked them.

This led him to glance at his torn fingers. They had started to scab over, and the skin around it was irritated by the rubbing caused by the surgical gloves he had worn earlier that night.

He blinked away the peaceful thoughts of the bright flowers and moved his focus back to the off white coloured pages.

Renjun rolled his eyes when his phone started buzzing with the name 'Mark' blaring in the darkness of his room.

"What the hell does he want?" The brunette huffed, picking gently at a thorn that had become rooted in his thumb.

He reached forward and grabbed onto the device, hitting the green icon before holding it up to his ear. "What?"

Not even dazed by the rudeness, Mark quickly answered, knowing better than to anger the younger. "There's a new kid that Ms. Kim wants you to guide around tomorrow," he replied, gently worrying at his lower lip.

"The name?" Renjun snapped, listening in a bored manner as Mark sighed.

"Lee Donghyuck." Even just the mention of the new kid's name made Renjun's heart swell with excitement. He could only imagine how fun messing around with another new kid could be.

"Thanks, Babe. I'll see you at school tomorrow then." The line went dead as Mark hung up, not bothered to give his best to Renjun.

Placing the device down, Renjun sighed tiredly, once again letting his gaze flick to the page beneath him.

No. 43 - Park Bongsuk

It was all he had written into the notebook. Deciding to finish the job tomorrow, the brunette stood, stepping away from the dimly lit desk and towards his bed which was shrouded in an ominous darkness.

He leaned forward to smell the sweet scent of roses before turning the lights off.

Tomorrow would be fun, and he couldn't wait...