𝙏𝙚𝙣

The eery silence that settled between the pair as they sat up to Renjun's bench made Donghyuck slightly uncomfortable

The eery silence that settled between the pair as they sat up to Renjun's bench made Donghyuck slightly uncomfortable. He preferred when Renjun was with him, though his loving and trusting way led him to sit with Mark.

"So, Donghyuck, what has you moving to a small town like this?" Mark asked, his hand tilting different angles as he watched the water slosh around the glass satisfyingly. "I mean, the only new kids our year has had were me, Jisung, Jeno and Chenle," he explained, stopping all actions to look Donghyuck dead in the eye, hoping he picked up some subtle hint.

"How nice of Renjun, befriending the new kids," Donghyuck mumbled while a small smile found its way to his face as he thought of the brunette's kindness towards him.

All Mark could do was internally cringe at how oblivious the younger was, and how oblivious all of them had been in his position.

"Well, my mother has never been one to settle. Her job makes us move around a lot, but she's one to get bored with a town. I'll be out of here within the next few months," he sighed, ruffling his hair while staring tiredly into the empty glass he held. After voicing his thoughts, he felt a pang of hurt spread in his chest. He barely knew them, yet he had found a magnetic pull to a certain Chinese boy.

Mark heaved a sigh of relief, although Donghyuck took it as one of thought. "Well, let's make these next few months count."

The same silence fell over the pair again. The sharp chill in the air was enough to make Donghyuck shiver as he looked out the window again, watching the snow as it got heavier and heavier.

"At this stage, we'll be snowed in," a new voice chimed from the kitchen entrance.

Donghyuck whipped his head away from the window and to the new arrival.

"Renjun! What has you up?" The younger asked, nervously scratching the back of his neck while his eyes flicked between the two boys.

"I could ask you the same thing."

The brunette trailed in, his elegance and grace leaving Donghyuck with a slight blush dusting his cheeks.

What was happening to him?

"Oh yes, before I forget, are you going on the skiing trip?" Renjun questioned, looking Donghyuck in the eye while a smirk played on his lips intimidatingly. The youngest had honestly heard nothing of a ski trip, but as if he was hypnotised, he nodded when Renjun did. "Good, good."

The brunette then set his gaze on Mark, giving him a warning glare as he was walked to stand behind him, whispering in his ear.

"I don't know what your playing at, but I would stop if I were you."