𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧

"Fucking hell, Donghyuck!" Jisung hissed, grabbing the barely conscious boy and pulling him into the cabin where he and Chenle had joined Jeno while they awaited Mark's return

A gasp filled the room as Chenle saw the state of his friend.

"This is my fault," he whispered, hands becoming entangled with his hair as he thought of the conversation he and Renjun had shared hours before. "I told him. This is my fault."

Jisung placed Donghyuck on the bed, seeing how the once pristine white sheets immediately became drenched with a thick, crimson substance that, without doubt, had been caused by Renjun.

"Where's Mark?" Jeno mumbled, his receding nail being neglected as he stared at the bleeding boy expectantly.

"M-Mark...Renj..."

Donghyuck was unable to complete his account of what had occurred as his eyes rolled to the back of his head and he passed out. His usually sun-kissed skin tone had become pale, and if not for the steady riding and falling of the boy's chest, one might have assumed he was dead.

"Fuck."

Jisung stood up, his eyes darting towards a frustrated Jeno who began to pace the room with his hands carding through his hair tiredly.

"What do we do now?" Chenle whispered after he watched Donghyuck for a moment. "I mean I doubt he'd kill Mark, but this rampage...." He stopped for a moment, his eyes becoming teary as he thought of the run of events that led to this very moment.

This had been the result following months of Renjun stalking Donghyuck, seducing him and breaking him.

"I'm going to go out," Jeno whispered before he grasped into his coat, ignoring Jisung's protests to this.

"If he gets his hands on you Jeno, then what will we do? We need to come clean, tell someone what's happening," the younger begged, a lump forming in his throat as he saw the determination that shone in the shorter's eyes.

This was useless. Lee Jeno wouldn't let Mark get hurt. He just wouldn't allow it.

"Lele, Ji," the ravenette quietly mumbled, walking towards the two trembling boys and embracing the both. "Stay here and take care of Donghyuck. If he wakes up, tell him everything but don't let him out of your sight."

The two younger boys nodded, finding themselves too emotional to fight with Jeno on this.

"I'll be fine, okay?"

They watched as he stepped towards the door with a bit of hesitation. This could be it. Renjun might finally kill him off as he had threatened to many times.

The sharp slam of the door closing with the assistance of the wild winds made Chenle and Jisung flinch.

"It was an accident Ji!" Chenle exclaimed as they kept their eyes fixed upon the door. "I didn't mean to let him know about Jaemin."

The taller turned to the trembling Chinese, pulling him in close to his chest and hugging him.

"Everything will be fine."

• 。• 。•

Jeno fought against the aggressive wind with squinted eyes. His hands were deep in his pockets, and his hood was pulled over his head as he stumbled through the darkened forest.

"Mark!" He called out loudly, yet still the persistent gusts carried the words away, as if they didn't want Jeno to find his friend.

His heart was pounding against his chest painfully and his mind was filled with thoughts of Mark's dead body turning up. He wouldn't survive if that was the case. He couldn't go through this hell without the older by his side.

"Mark!"

No answer was returned to the desperate boy whose throat was raw and his eyes puffy and red-rimmed from crying.

"Mark! Please!" He shrieked, his whole body shaking as he began to sob. "Please be okay," he whispered with a hoarse voice.

The heavy snow lay thickly upon the floor, and was still falling mercilessly.

With the little hope he had becoming less and less, the ravenette collapsed. Maybe he was already dead. That thought alone was enough to make any strings of sanity in that moment be cut loose.

The young boy dragged himself through the snow, his whole body shaking, most likely a mix of nervousness and plain cold.

The snow began to seep into his clothes, no form of warmth being offered to the exhausted boy as he proceeded to height in order to find Mark.

"Mark!" The rawness was evident as he screamed his friend's name. "Plea-"

He was cut off as he went toppling to the ground face first.

A small groan escaped the boy but it was badly audible against the raging winds that he fought against.

"What the hell?" He whispered while turning around to see what exactly he had tripped over.

As if he hadn't been it through enough hell, a disgusted gasp was released as he saw the seemingly lifeless body of Mark laying in the snow, with his lips sewn shut.

Jeno knew damn well that only one person would do this.

"Mark!" He sobbed, head resting against the other's chest as he shook the body desperately. "MARK! Wake up."

His heart ached so painfully, and his head pounded mercilessly.

The image was one that Lee Jeno had never wished to see - ever.

His breath became caught in his throat as he begged for help. A forest in the middle of nowhere. He wouldn't let Mark die in a place like this...It simply couldn't end that way.

Renjun watched from the distance, his dishevelled hair falling over his eyes, only making the boy look even more manic than before.

With a sinister grin tugging at his lips, the nefarious killer could only wish his creations good luck.

"See you soon...my dolls."