𝙎𝙞𝙭

Lunch came around after back-to-back hardcore classes

Lunch came around after back-to-back hardcore classes. Donghyuck found himself sitting with the same group as previous days.

"So we didn't scare you off yet?" Mark asked while leaning forward on his elbows to get a better view of the new arrival.

Donghyuck released a small chuckle before sliding in to sit between Renjun, who shot him a cute smile, and Jeno, who seemed quite uncomfortable. Opposite Donghyuck, sat Mark, who had Chenle and Jisung either side of him.

There were plastic plates of reheated meals messily placed over the whole table, which made Donghyuck's breath hitch. He didn't have OCD, but he had always preferred everything being in an orderly fashion.

But besides that, Donghyuck found he was being, well, squished.

The canteen table and bench were meant to hold only four people, but instead was just about fitting six. This left no room for personal space. While settling down, Donghyuck had come to the conclusion that Renjun leaving his hand on the younger's thigh was purely because there wasn't really any room elsewhere. Though it didn't make the teen any more settled.

His hyper and overbearing personality had been dampened by the triple maths classes he had just experienced. He looked up, trying to push away his past few hours and perk up a bit. This led him to make eye contact with the three opposite him.

Chenle wore a hearty smile, though his eyes held the most dull and broken look, telling a completely different story.

Donghyuck found himself nibbling in his nail as he tried to decipher the second youngest boy's issue.

He flicked his eyes over to Mark. The eldest looked all around happy, but Donghyuck being the observant person he was, noticed that the brunette was fiddling with anything, and avoiding all eye-contact.

"Hmmm?" Renjun asked, expectantly bouncing his knees while watching Donghyuck closely.

"What did you say?"

Renjun squeezed the younger's thigh slightly, trying to make his discomfort leave.

"Do you want to come around tonight? We have no school tomorrow," Renjun repeated, giving Donghyuck a pouty look while the others all mindlessly nodded as if they no longer had control of their words, actions and bodies.

This all made a pit form in Donghyuck's stomach, but no matter how many alarms had gone off, he still felt a magnetic force dragging him to trust Renjun. And more than that, he wanted to trust Renjun.

"I'm in."