𝙁𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

Donghyuck tapped his foot against the floor in anticipation, his breathing becoming quite laboured as he peeled the curtain back

Thankfully, there was no sight of Renjun in the room opposite his, but his anxiety was still eating him alive.

Why did he feel so nervous? He hadn't a clue, yet the thought of lying to Renjun made him upset, it truly did.

So as the other line picked up, and Chenle's confused voice rung through the device, Donghyuck threw the curtain closed, and quickly paced away from the window.

"Hey Lele," he mumbled, his unsureness lacing each word.

Chenle picked up on this, his mind already exploring many areas that sounded way too familiar to him.

"Hyuck, did Renjun hurt you? Or perhaps get a bit close?"

Donghyuck halted his pacing for a moment before sucking in a deep breath.

"No, why would you even say that?" The older hissed, his free hand subconsciously making its way to his mouth, his finger running over his lip in thought. "I mean, I told him that you were my partner in the new project, but Na Jaemin is. I-I was too scared to tell him that I was with someone other than you guys," he continued, his voice trailing off towards the end.

"That's okay, Hyuck. I'll cover for you for as long as you need...but please be careful."

Donghyuck hummed while letting his arm fall limp. "Of course."

The line went dead, leaving both boys anxious for the next step.

What would happen if Renjun found out about their small secret?

It wasn't a big deal, right? Wrong.

Chenle was practically shaking with fear as he thought of Renjun, and how explosive the older was.

He could almost imagine the feeling of the older's hands on him, his hot breath fanning against his ear, his imagination let him hear the brunette whisper, 'Watch your back."

As night fell upon the small town of 'Silent Creek', Donghyuck could hear the cicadas sing out in the dark.

His hand hovered over Renjun's number, hesitant to click it since earlier, considering the weight of guilt that lay on his shoulders.

He clicked down on it, his hands automatically typing the same words as every other night.

'Goodnight, Junnie. I'll see you in the morning! :)'

Once the ping indicated that the message had successfully been sent, Donghyuck slipped the phone under his pillow as turned the lamp off.

If only he could foresee the events that would follow his foolish behaviour.