𝙁𝙤𝙪𝙧

"So this is your place?" Renjun asked, eyes fixed upon the familiar house

"So this is your place?" Renjun asked, eyes fixed upon the familiar house. A small and unnoticeable smirk found its way to the older's face as his luck took a good turn. "I live right there."

He turned and pointed at the house immediately opposite Donghyuck's.

"Coincidence, am I wrong?" He asked, head tilted as he viewed the house that looked quite similar to his own, and to the rest of the street. "Well, Donghyuck, I'll wait for you here tomorrow."

Donghyuck merely nodded, an unsettled feeling starting to settle as he saw the outline of a figure standing behind a pulled curtains in the window of Renjun's home.

"Of course." He began to walk away, Renjun doing the same. "Oh and Renjun?" He turned back, quickly carding his hand through his hair before looking to the ground. "Thanks for today."

Renjun smiled, his eyes becoming crescents, showing their 'genuine' charm.

"Don't sweat it."

~

"Hey mum," Donghyuck sighed, eyes drooping as he thought back through his busy first day of school.

"Oh, you're home," she mumbled, eyes fixed on the television as she tapped her long nails against the remote anxiously.

The teen trailed towards the older lady, eyes falling upon the gruesome scene that played out on the television.

"The serial killer who has been named 'Rose' has committed yet another murder. This makes it the forty-third kill since he began a little over two years ago. These following photos will not be appropriate for children." The man on the news stopped for a moment, his head turning to look at the inserted photos.

Donghyuck took a seat next to his mother, eyes not leaving the screen as he threw his bag to the side.

"As with all the other murders, 'Rose' has slit the victim's throat and left a rose in his mouth before stitching around the crimson flower. Today's victim is thirty-six year old, Park Bongsuk."

Donghyuck could feel a shiver trickle down his spine as the images of the man's body faded.

"Please be careful, sweetie," his mother whispered, her forehead creasing with concern.

"I will be."