Chapter 45

My meeting with Mr. Manzano was done and I'm on my way to Vergara Corp. It feels a dè ja vu for me. But I know it's not the same. After I parked my car ay kaagad na akong lumabas. I am not wasting anytime. I saw the employee with their jaw dropped they know me since I always come here before for Adrian. And I'm back again for Adrian. Nakita ko pa kung paano sila lumingon sa akin habang naglalakad ako papasok sa elevator.

Malaki ang kompanya ni Adrian, I must say that at the age of 28 his already successful with his own sweat. While I was at the age of 22, uh nevermind. But I am the heiress sa akin pinamana ni Mommy at Daddy lahat. And I don't have a choice, dahil pag gagawa ako ng sarili kung kompanya ay wala ng magmamana sa kompanya namin. Kuya has his own company too.

Nakarating na ako sa floor niya at diritso lang ang lakad ko. I even saw his secretary, I'm surprise that he didn't change a secretary. I saw the secretary the I'm approaching.

"Hey beth, it's been a long time. Is your boss here?" Sabi ko. A bit intimidating. They say that if I'm serious I look intimidating and dangerous.

"O-Opo, Ma'am." Sabi niya habang nininerbyos. I smiled sweetly at pumasok sa loob. I was shocke when Althea was here and his trying to kiss Adrian again but Adi stop her but she's too desperate.

I cleared my throat and they looked at me. I was still in my serious face when I looked at Adrian. I saw how he's reaction change when he looked at me.

"Baby... T-That's n-not what y-you t-think," Adrian is stuttering. I know Adi, I know. And this bitch is too desperate for my man's attention. Althea smiled to me just liked before when I see them here kissing. And I feel a slight pain in my heart but I trust Adi this time. I know he don't want to hurt me again.

"I know," maikling sabi ko na kinagulat ni Adrian. I looked at Althea who's still wearing her smile. I gritted my teeth as I looked at her but I won't let her see the slight pain that i feel. Pero bigla namang nawala yun.

"It's been a long time, Sydney right?" She said like there's nothing happened earlier. I smile, a dangerous one. I saw a fear in her eyes but still smiling.

"Hey, may I know your name?" Nakita ko ang iritasyon sa mukha niya. That's it bitch.

"I'm Althea Flores, the heiress of Flores Restauarant." Nakangiting sabi niya. I know that restaurant, they served a good food pero isang beses palang ata akong nakapunta dyan and it was before.

"Oh, I've been to that restaurant and I must say that the food there is delicious." Sabi ko sa kaniya. Wearing my sweet smile yet dangerous one.

"Ofcourse, we're the best." Pagamamalaki niya. Nawala ang ngiti ko and I'm back to the serious one.

"Alright, but I've been there once and it didn't happen again. Buhay pa ba ang restaurant niyo ngayon? Or is still delicious? I've never seen your restaurant as the most expensive restaurant in the philippines..." Nakita ko ang galit sa mata niya kaya napangiti ako. I get the reaction I want for him.

"You know that I can ruin that restaurant of your right? I am now the CEO of Monteverde Group of Companies..." Sabi ko sa kaniya and I saw fear. I don't want to power tripping but this girl is getting into my nerves.

"H-How dare you!" Nawala na ang nakakalokong ngiti niya kanina. Ako naman ngayon. Nakita kung seryoso nalang din nakatingin si Adrian saming dalawa. Nawala na yung natatarantang emosyon niya kanina. He's now sitting comfortable in his chair.

"Yes! I dare you bitch. Matagal na akong nagtitimpi sayo. I let you kiss Adi before because I know that we're not together. But now? Try me! Then, you'll see what I can do for you." Gusto na niyang umiyak pero alam kung pinipigilan niya.

"Ako ang mahal niya! At hindi ikaw, you're just being paranoid. You're delussional!" Sigaw niya but it didn't affect on me. Instead, I smirked.

"Oh dear, please. You cheated before right? That's why the both of you broke up. Ops, cheater will always be a cheater darling." I sweetly smiled to her then this time her tears fell.

Good job Sydney!

Nakita ko ang galit sa mata niya at nanginginig pa siya sa galit. Then, she looked at Adrian now.

"I'm the one you love right? Diba nag e-illusion lang ang babaeng to? Right Adi?! Ako naman diba?" Umiiyak na sabi niya. As much as I don't want to hurt anyone but this bitch is pissing me off. Tumayo si Adrian at lumapit sa akin. I smiled good job baby.

"Since the day you cheated on me, my love for you fades in an instant. And the moment I saw this girl beside me, I know she's the one. Even if I'm hurt but I promise myself that I'll build myself again for this girl. And when I saw her running away to this office makes me think that, I was too jerk not to notice that I already hurt her." I want to cry of Adrian's sudden confession. He looked at me.

"Hindi ko muna dapat sasabihin 'to, Sydney but I can't wait anymore for the other day. Since the day that I laid my eyes on you, I know that you're the one. And I'm sorry for making you question your worth, I'm sorry for being a jerk, I'm sorrt for hurting you... I love you more than I love myself Sydney, you were my everything. The day that you left my office is the day I realize that I can't afford to lose you. You're too precious to just get hurt just like that. I was happy that after everything, you still accepted me..." He looked at me softly. Ah... This man.

"Even if I hurt you so many times, even if after everything you still come back and accepted me with your wide arms open... I was happy that you come back to me. And this time, I promise myself that I'll make you the happiest girl in the world. Baby..." Lumuhod siya sa harap ko, napatakip ako sa bibig ko. He just confessed and propose to me infront of his firts love, infront of his ex! I looked at Althea at napahagulgol na siya. Who wouldn't be? She just saw his beloved ex proposing to me while she's watching. I wonder how hurt it was for her.

"Baby... I know it was too early, but I can't wait another day to passed. Sydney Monteverde, will you marry me? Will you marry this jerk infront of you?" I saw the love in his eyes. Who wouldn't want to marry this man? Hindi ko na napigilang tumulo ang luha ko sa nangyayari.

I nodded.

"Ofcourse, I will marry you!" Sabi ko sa kaniya then I saw his smile that make my heart melts. Sinout niya sa akin ang isang diamond ring na may bato sa loob na color pula. At kumikinang yun kapag natatamaan ng liwanag.

He cupped my face then kiss me like there's no one watching. Narinig nalang namin ang malakas na pagsara ng pinto. Kumalas si Adi sa halik na yun at nakangiting tumingin sa akin.

"I love you and always will, until the rest of my life." Sabi niya. Hindi parin ako makapaniwala.

I'm his fiancè now!

"I love you too so much!" And I hugged him tight.

Parang kailan lang na naghahabol pa ako sa kaniya, parang kailan lang na tinutukso ako ng mga kaibigan ko sa kaniya. Parang kailan lang ng puntahan ko si Kuya sa kwarto niya just to know about Adrian.

Kung bakit ganun nalang siya ka seryoso sa pag-aaral niya, it's not that I don't want him that way but that's the one reason why I like him. And even if he doesn't care about my feelings before, even if he looked at me in cold eyes. Even if he make me question my worth.

Even after all my pain that I got from him, I still see myself loving the person who hurt me. They're right, magiging marupok ka talaga kapag mahal mo ang isang tao. Even if we hurt each other but I'm still glad that we're still together in the end.

Let's stop the heartbreak here, Adi... Let's start to build a happy memories together. Because when I'm with you, I feel safe and I feel love. We've been through a lot but in the end we're still together.

Sabi nga nila, sa hinaba-haba ng paglalakbay sa simabahan parin ang tuloy. This is it! I'm starting to build new memories with the person I love today and I'll love for the rest of my life.