🍓Stars🍓

Kyoraku x Ukitake

It was the first day of July and the heat had reached its limit. Everyone was relieved off their duties by Yamamoto-sotaicho and were just enjoying the summer.

Kyoraku was sitting in his office, on the floor to be exact and was enjoying his sake as usual when  there was a knock at the door. He smiled and looked up, seeing Ukitake's familiar face.

"I have told you, you don't need to knock on the door" he laughed as Ukitake walked in. Ukitake laughed as he sat down opposite of his life-long friend.

"Well, manners apply for my best friend as well" he smiled and then huffed out.

"You're feeling the heat too?"

"Yeah, and having long hair doesn't help at all! Sometimes I wonder how can you bear all this heat with your floral kimono as well? I could never"

"Say, how about we go to a trip in the real world. We don't have work here anyways" Kyoraku suggested and smiled, twirling his sake on the cup.

"To be honest with you, I had thought about it too, but going alone in the real world? In my condition?" he trailed off.

"Yeah, but now I will be with you, you won't have to be afraid!" he tried cheering him on.

"Yeah you're right. Okay, I'll send a hell butterfly to Genryusai-sensei and then we can leave" the white-haired male answered and went back to his barracks.

~~~time skip~~~

Kyoraku stood in front of the Senkai Gate, his lieutenant standing behind him.

"I still think that this is a horrible idea" she said for the tenth time since Kyoraku told her about his vacation.

"And I'm telling you again that you don't have to worry about me so much! I'm a grown man, I can take care of myself!"

"I'm not worried about you, I'm worries about Ukitake-taicho. His health will be in jeopardy while in the severed world!"

"Don't worry, this is why Shunsui will be with me. Besides, I know how to handle my illness" Ukitake's voice was heard from behind them. Nanao turned around and bowed her head.

"Excuse me for doubting you, sir, I just don't trust my Taicho so much" she said glaring at Kyoraku.

"Well, you should, I trust him with my life. We will be okay, you don't have to worry. Now, guys, you know what to do while I'm away" Ukitake said turning towards his lieutenant and third seat.

"Hai, Ukitake-taicho!" said the both of them, bowing their heads then the lieutenants left.

"Ready to head to the world of the living?" asked Kyoraku as the Senkai Gate opened.

"Yeah, let's start our vacation" said Ukitake smiling and together they stepped in the Senkai Gate.

~~~in the real world~~~

The two captains steppes out of the Severed World and saw the Karakura town before them.

"Ahhh, that's the life" said Ukitake and our his hands on his waist and took a huge breath of air. Suddenly they saw a certain orange-haired shinigami, a red-head shinigami behind him and a short-haired girl next to them.

"Ichigo-kun, Rukia, Renji-kun, ohaio" waved Ukitake when they saw them approaching.

"Ukitake-san, Kyoraku-san!" exclaimed Ichigo.

"Kyoraku-taicho, Ukitake-taicho, what are you doing here?" exclaimed Renji lookin at the both of them.

"Well, Yama-jii, relieved us off of our duties due to the heat so we decided to take a small vacation" answered Kyoraku.