🔥 "Later, Hanji" 🔥

Major attack on titan manga spoilers, you have been warned.

Levi x Hanji

Levi's POV

"Dedicate your heart" I told her. She turned around her eyes shining as she laughed.

"It's the first time I hear you say that" she laughed as she turned around and left, going out to the battlefield.

I didn't have a good feeling after that moment.

And sure enough...

There she was.

Falling and burning.

It felt as if the world had slowed down.

I watched her fall.

Unable to do anything.

Unable to help.

Humanity's strongest soldier my ass. Humanity's strongest soldier doesn't stand helpless, unable to save his friends.

His partner...

I can still remember the first time I met her.

~~~Flashback~~~

"You must be the new captain! Erwin told me about you! My name is Hange Zoe!" she had said, her eyes shining as she extended her hand towards me.

"Levi Ackerman" I answered non-halantly not bothering to take her hand.

"Ooh, someone's cold! Well, good to have you in our little circle! Can't wait to work with you!" she waves bye and ran off towards her lab, her ponytail swaying.

~~~Flashback~~~

"Oi Levi!" I heard her all too familiar voice by now call out for me. I turned around and saw her running towards me and waving her hands.

"Going to Erwin?!" she had asked excitedly. I simply nodded.

"Come on let's go together!" she turned ahead and started walking in a low pace so that I could keep up with her.

"This is your first expedition as a captain right? How are you feeling?!"

"Fine, I guess. It doesn't change the reason why I'm going out there" I shrugged my shoulders.

"Yeah you're right, as long as you keep slaying those titans, that's all you have to do!" she said as we arrived at Erwin's office.

~~~Flashback~~~

"LEEEEEEVIIIIIIIII" she yelled excitedly and hugged me tight. It was a few hours after I was declared "Humanity's strongest soldier".

"Congratulations!" she screamed once she let me out of her hug.

"Thank you, I guess" I scratched the back of my neck.

"Oh come I know you can get more excited than that! Come on, you're humanity's strongest be a little happy! Come on, smile for me!" she kept urging and pushing me until I gave in.

I gave her a small smile and she stopped, her hands going to her sides as her mouth hung open.

"You should smile more often!" she kept pestering me after that.

"I will smile only if you give me a good enough reason to do so" I responded and left.

~~~Flashback~~~

"Oi! Hanji!" I knocked on her lab's door. "Can I come in or will there be a possibility of me dying from an explosion?" I asked sarcastically.