Chapter - Sixteen : WHAT IS LEFT TO SHOW?

Aurora

Aurora...

January 3, 2002

Life always and always ask you a question when you stand at every crossroad of it, ' is this really something you want to do? Is it really worth it? ', and we either ignore that in the rush of our wants or just do what is appropriate at the time but never really face it.

I always have had always thought its stupid to not to do so, and did whatever the answer told me to do in the end. But even after knowing to not let my guards down, even after when my answer screamed no, I chose to ignore it when I saw him absorbed and encircled by his demons.

When he entered the room, he was drunk, so drunk that he could barely walked straight or had his eyes fully opened. And for the most astonishing reason, I felt fear, fear of him doing something wrong with me.

And other than the right senses, that fear and why that fear was there took all my thinking away. It was somewhat beautiful that how the ones we hate the most, takes all our time and thinking even when they aren't supposed to, even when they dont deserve it.

And I accepted to let my guards down.
" What is wrong? " Is what my poor inhibitions made me ask and it came out rather softly, as if something in me cared, or atleast wanted to but he destroyed that part, killed it with cruelty the moment I felt his hand on my neck and when he pushed me.

And then, at the place of that warm tug, I felt anger, disbelief and hatered, hatered so strong that I believed that I never had that much for anyone.
I remembered the state he left me, I was in pain, excruciating agony of my wounds and my emotions.

If I knew him better, I would have said that there was a flash of regret before he went behind those black doors, but the truth was I didn't and that he was a monster, the monster people called him and then everything went black and faded away slowly.

Next time when I opened my eyes, I felt nothing, pain or burning, like I did when they closed, but what remained was the lesson of ever caring for Ezekiel Luciano.
I was in his room, tugged under a soft blanket in a sports bra and shorts with a maid by my side.

She looked at me and for a second she was shocked, as if she expected me to be unconscious for the rest of my life and then, gained her composure and smiled.

" You are awake. Do you feel any pain Comarè? " She asked while she checked on my leg which was nicely cover with new bandages.
" No, what time is it? And for how long I was out? "

She sighed while she gave me water which I took, " you went unconscious a day before. " And just like that I choked on my water.what the hell.