Chapter - Fourty Three : THE INCOMPLETE TRUTH

Ezekiel Luciano

Ezekiel Luciano...

London was very much more amazing to explore when I had Aurora beside me but the constant thought that captured my mind was how beautiful she really was. I loved how she found happiness in small little things and how her eyes had this spark whenever she smiled but just like how everything is meant to put at end, I remembered what my real motive was, to kill her.

Even the thought of doing so made me break into a million pieces of a shattered soul and when walking the streets of Little Vanice, I knew what I really wanted to do, to find some way to save her, save her from me. Because fuck the old shit of a rivalry if that meant to take my peace away from me.

From that moment on, I decided to enjoy the calm as long as I can but never in my wildest dreams thought to face the inevitable storm so soon.

He was just the same the last time I saw him, his light blue eyes screaming depths of an ocean and his same old grin whenever he used to see me but this time the situation was completely different as I wasn't seeing my bestfriend who used to put bandages on my wounds but a traiter who dared to break the order and the Oath he was meant to keep till his very last breath.

I saw him moving his lips talking to us but all I could listen and feel were the damn yet beautiful memories we created together. About the days we together went to kill people who disrespected the Familia, the days where we decorated the small but secret Christmas tree in his cabin's basement and the days when we used to promise each other about fighting like brothers until our last droplet of blood was taken.

" Who are you. " I listened in a distinctive voice which was surely of Aurora but the answer left by me was faster that he could have spoken.

" Matthews. " I said and for a moment, the way he looked at me and it felt as if he was the same innocent partner in crime of mine.

" Hi old friend. " He said calmly with a small smile as if he was happy to see me. " First of all, every one guns down. " He said to his men which sounded stupid because he must have known we would kill him if they did.

" I see the traiter is eager to die. " I said signalling Aurora to be still with the hatered dripping in my voice because if anyone was to kill him, it was me.

" I must say, you are the same Ezekiel, impulsive on your decisions and eager to kill your enemies like the Ripper you are known as. " He said amusingly and I was confused as fuck about the way he was dealing the situation. "

" What the fuck Matthews, you think this is a joke amd you will make out alive from all of this shit. " I said looking at his men, " you are a traiter who left the Familia and broke the Oath knowing that in our world its more of a sin than a crime. You broke our fucking promise you bastard. " I said screaming in rage as he looked at me with a pained expression and I knew I was hurt too but the anger was so much more.

" Everyone, leave to the base. I want to deal with this alone. " He said to his men shocking all of us. " Sir, "
" I said leave. " He spoke more loudly which made them finally obey and just like that the went away in a matter of a dew seconds by their car.

The moment the left, I reached for the gun in my pocket with shaking hands and pointed it to him. " Ezekiel, I get it that you are the leader but remember that, that if I wanted to kill you then I would have minutes ago. "

He said and yet I stayed stiff because I was not meant to feel anything, any fucking emotion as he was meant to die no matter what he said.

" What do you think, I will fall for it, this is a trap in some sort and I know it. " I said while Aurora just stood silent with her hands on her knife.

" You are supposed to kill me, and I am ready for that but the only reason I left the familia was because I cared for you. " He said smiling and all I felt was more anger, " shut up, this is bullshit. " I screamed and he walked towards me with firm steps.

I stood still while he slowly put his right hand on my gun still pointed at him. " I had to run so that I can break ties and because I couldn't tell you anything if I wa still the part of the Familia because I would have died in a far worse way and by some shitty member of that gutter. But you need to know the truth and if that's what it takes to save you, then that's what I will do. Every time. You are my brother and I love you but there is much more to that family than you know, far more secrets than you can uncover. "

He said with a tear escaping his eyes and by then I didn't knew what to beleive and what to not so I remained silent for him to finish. " I cannot tell you all of it as your men will be here any minute now because I already had messaged them that I have you captured but kill me before them because by your hand it will be a satisfying pleasure. What you need to know is that one of your own is betraying the familia and that that person needs to be finished off before it too late. "

I looked at him blankly as nothing made sense. One of our own? It was impossible because I knew everyone who was a part of the Cosa Nostra.

" Who. " I asked in a low voice.

" Your- " and we were interrupted by a loud voice of a gun shot and the next thing I knew was that Matthews was lying down covered in blood with a bullet in the side of his head and my men covering us.

" Nooooo. " Was all I uttered before I was eloped by darkness.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hey lovieeees, ugh this chapter was emotional yet thrilling to write and I know there must be a lot of questions in your minds but dont worry because everything will be answered by the end.😌

Do share your theories and till then, dont forget to vote and comment and share💕