Chapter - Twenty Four : TO RIGHT MY WRONGS..

Griffin

Griffin...

January 21, 2002

All my life, I lived for my brothers. At first, with Ezekiel, who taught me how to fight in a better way as I was always a bit slow beacuse I didnt had anyone to actually practice with me without any fear and by being honest and how to make the best of strategies. And then came Miguel, who was gentle and sensitive, who taught me how to be caring and most importantly, how to be human.

They both made me the perfect combination of cruel yet kind and cold yet warm and I liked it tht way. I even loved it because it made me the one to be calm in the hardest of times and provided me the gift of thinking in the shortest of moments.

But the day Ezekiel decided to get married to Aurora, I felt as if all this just vanished. Not because she was our enemy and a potential risk to our familia but because she was the sister of my old friend, Joshua.

When I thought about it, I couldn't remember much, because we were children. I met him when we were seven years old, in an event and ended up being his friend.

We knew it was wrong and that we were sworn enemies yet the fire of friendship burned every coldness in us as it wasn't a big deal for two seven year old who had no friends.

I remembered admitting myself in the same school as his, the way we ran from corridors and always made fun of bullies who didn't knew about who we were and tried to bully us. Somehow,  with him every thing was bearable and maybe thats the magic of friendship, that it makes even saddest time a memory of laughs and makes you see only the good as if looking at only the beauty of a rose instead of its thorns.

I even remembered how happy he was when he got to know about how he was going to be a big brother when we were eight and how he danced like a crazy his sister was born.

At some point I was jealouse but I understood his feelings when Ezekiel came in my life. Having a baby brother made me realize what having a responsibility is really like and made me feel so much more patient.

We both never told anyone about our friendship because of the fear of getting punished as we were enemies but hiding what is true is maybe not even possible because everything came out eventually.

The day father got to know how his son became friends with enemies when we were sixteen and Joshua became paralysed and left the school, as someone told him about us and I remembered crystal clear how he scremed traitor on my face and maybe would have killed me if it wasn't for mother.

After he decided to let me live, he took my most basic right,  my right to be the future Capi and the word was spread that no one should tell I was the firstborn as I was an imbecile with a weak brain which made me unfit for being a Capi.