Nine

Extra surprise update! Thank SavSOS_  for this by checking out her new Calum Book called Who Do You Love! It is going to be amazing and different!!!!
———

"Knock knock." Meg startles slightly, letting off the foot pedal as she looks up to see Michael standing in the doorway to her room.

"Hey." She smiles softly.

"We've been home for two days and you've barely spoke to us. What's up?"

"Just busy with work?" She shrugs, motioning to the sewing machine in front of her.

"I think you're lying. Why don't you come out with us tonight? Luke and Sierra just got back from Vietnam. They want to see you."

"Big party or little party? I really am not feeling up to a big party tonight."

"Little party. Just the band." Mike chuckles.

"So Calum will be there." She groans.

"He is part of the band, Meg. Please come, Luke is really excited to see you."

"Alright, let me get ready." She sighs, flipping the switch to turn off her machine.

"Thank you. We'll leave as soon as you're ready." He smiles, closing the door as he walks out.

"Fuck." Meg sighs, glad she'd put on a hoodie of Michael's seeing as she had not covered the bruising around her neck. The colors faded to yellows and greens, but still very visible after just nine days since the attack.

Taking the time to cover her neck in the stage makeup again, she finds a high neck sweater and leggings, glad she still has the excuse of not being acclimated to LA's cool evenings to dress cozy. Taking her time to put on light makeup, she finally emerges from her room forty-five minutes later.

"Dressing up for a band party? Or taking your time to avoid it?" Crystal laughs as she walks into the front room.

"I didn't want to look like a total slob." She shrugs.

"Flip that frown upside down and you might just have fun tonight." Michael chuckles, wrapping his arm over her shoulders and steering her towards the door.

"I'm not grumpy."

"You're a little grumpy. And you've been hiding from us, don't think we haven't noticed." He laughs back.

"I'm just busy. This job is important to me and I am throwing myself in full force to make the best impression and learn as much as I can."

"Well Luke says not tonight. He hasn't seen you since the summer and he's excited to."

"It's good to get out sometimes, Meg, did you stay home all weekend last week too?"

"I went out with friends from work. You liked my Instagram post about it." She mumbles.

"Oh ya. But the rest of the weekend?"

"I worked some yes. But you guys are the epitome of available for work 24/7 you cannot talk to me about this." She rolls her eyes, sliding into the back seat of their fancy Tesla.

"But we remember to have fun too." Michael says pointedly.

"I went out last weekend." She pushes again, really wanting the conversation dropped. The last thing she wants right now is to go out, to be in a place like a club or bar, or even a house party that is loud and large.

"Alright. Alright." Crystal laughs, "but we are doing something for your birthday at the end of the month okay?"

She doesn't answer just shrugs, hoping to find an excuse out of that before it actually happens.