Twenty-One

Calum Hood Doesn't Honor the Bro Code!

CALABASAS, CAL. Fans of 5 Seconds Of Summer were treated to some seriously surprising photographs this morning as they woke. Calum Hood, bassist, and the only single member of the band, was caught enjoying the Calabasas street fair with none other than Megan Clifford, cousin of Hood's bandmate Michael Clifford.

Michael Clifford has referred to his cousin as his kid sister, and in 2014 when rumors of her and drummer of the band (Ashton Irwin) surfaced he shut them down saying quote "These boys wouldn't touch Meg like that. They respect me and that she is my family. It would be weird if I dated their sister why would it be different if they dated mine." At the time Irwin also denied the rumors saying he and Megan had formed a close friendship.

Just as confusing, if not more so, fans of the band have noted that Megan and Calum have shared a distaste for each others presence for nearly two decades. Something that Hood has confirmed in interview himself, stating that "Meg and I, it's always been rocky. I stole her best friend and we ran away to the world without her. I think she's always kind of blamed me for stealing Mike away from her, even with how close they still are."

But photos and bystanders alike seem to indicate there has been a shift in the cosmos, Hood and Clifford were seen out enjoying the entire day at the street fair together. Cozied up close and enjoying each others presence as they wandered for hours. A photo taken by TMZ reporter shows Hood giving Clifford a piggyback ride while she stuffs cotton candy into his mouth, clearly depicting two people who hate each other.

The real question is this. Does Michael know his best friend has taken interest in his kid sister? And is he okay with it? Will family, love, and a girl come between the members of one of our favorite bands? And how do the other band members feel about the news?

***

"Megan Grace!" She startles as Michael bursts into her room, waking her from the quite nice dream she was having of Calum and her enjoying the fair last night.

"Shhh. I'm sleeping." She groans, pulling the dog Calum had won her over her face, smiling as the smell of Calum envelopes her senses. Leaving the thing in his hot car for hours had benefited her greatly.

"Are you fucking Calum?"

"What the fuck?" She sits up eyes wide as she looks up at Michael, definitely not expecting that to be why he was upset.

"Are you fucking Calum?" He repeats himself, shoving his phone in front of his face.

Scanning the article quickly she rolls her eyes up at him, "And so what if I am?"

"Wait are you?" His eyes go wide.

"NO!" She groans, "But this is just another thing you have to chill about, Mike. Stop acting like a parent or I'll find my own place. Who I date is not your business. Where I am every second of the day is not your business. And fucking trust me a little. If there was anything worth sharing about Calum and I do you really not think we would talk to you about it? You are both in my favorite band, and the band he is in. If anything comes from Calum and I learning to like each other, you'll know. We aren't afraid of you, Michael. It wouldn't be wrong for us to be together, and you would have to deal with it."