c h a p t e r f i v e

"Despair is narcotic. It lulls the mind into indifference."

************

"Eomma....."

"Pull the trigger son! Pull the goddamn trigger!!"
His mother shouted at him. he's frightened and scared. If he's fortunate, The bullet will hit his temple after he pull the trigger of the revolver he's pointing on his head.

"I don't wanna do it... E-Eomma...L-L-Let's stop..."
He cried out. tears endlessly flowing on his eyes while he's staring at his abusive mother.

"You are such a coward!!"
His mother kicked him on his stomach and took the gun from his hand. She cupped his cheeks and put the gun on his mouth. Heeseung groaned in pain and choked. he closed his eyes and waited for his fate.

*click.*

The sound of the trigger getting pulled was heard all through out the four sides of the room. His mother laughed hysterically.

"WHY ARE YOU SO GODDAMN LUCKY!!!??!"
She shouted and kicked him. She hit him with the gun on his head causing him to fall down on the floor. With his vulnerable body, he tried to stop his mom from hurting him my embracing his knees.

"LEE HEESEUNG!!"
She yelled his name and countlessly kick him like a ragdoll.

"Why are you always reminding me of that fucking cheater!!??! Why does your face look exactly like him?!!"
She shouted and paused. Like a child realizing what she is doing. She stared at the nothingness trying to escape the despair she is in.

"It's my turn."
Heeseung immediately looked at his mother, pointing the revolver on her own temple.

It's already the Sixth Turn.

The last turn of the Russian Roulette.

"e-eomma n-n-no...."
He held her knees and begged her to not pull the trigger.

She laughed at him. She pulled his hair aggressively and threw him on the other side of the room. Heeseung hit the back of his head on the wall making him groan even louder than earlier. His wound on his head from the gun just doubled the pain. His vision is starting to get blurry.

"This is what you want right? You want me dead? You don't love me anymore? Then fine!! Watch me die!!"
His mother looked at him as if she's speaking with his father.

*BANG!*

"EOMMA!!!"
Heeseung let out a loud scream of agony as his mother's body slowly fall on the ground. He tried his best and crawled towards her.

The door slammed open, revealing countless policemen running inside. They pointed their guns on Heeseung.

"You are under arrest!!"

He was dumbfounded. Bewildered with what is happening.

He just want to be alone with his mother.

He want to mourn. He is in pain. Even though she became abusive after his father left them for another woman,

She was a good mother to him.

"DON'T MESS WITH ME!!"
He loudly shouted and charged towards the police.

"Fire!!"
They fired their guns towards Heeseung.