c h a p t e r t w e n t y e i g h t

"The devil is always one step ahead."

************

The helicopter arrived at the league's rooftop.

Heeseung, Yoo Jonghyuk and Yuri went out from the helicopter.

"we're here... son."
Heeseung nodded his head, Seeing Ni-ki and Daniel guarding the door.

"They are your enemies. They are the one who killed your mother."

yuri can't help it but to hide her chuckle with how bad Yoo Jonghyuk is in acting. she's thanking god the serum worked on Heeseung or else, he can never convince his son like that.

"Can i..... kill them?"
The helicopter flew away.... Heeseung glared at Daniel and Niki. the both of them looked at him with concern.

"Heeseung-hyung....?"
Daniel whispered. Heeseung gritted his teeth and charged towards him.

"You'll pay!!!!"
he shouted in madness. daniel and niki tried to avoid him but with his speed, augmented by Yoo Jonghyuk's acceleration manipulation, They can't evade Heeseung's attack. He successfully punched Daniel on the stomach. Daniel hit his back on the wall near the rooftop door and groaned in pain. His heartbeat started to increase hence, his eyes starting to turn purple.

It's the shadow demon.

Black smoke appeared on daniel's shadow. he looked at Ni-ki worrying.

"Niki-hyung! Run!!!"
That's the last words his mouth said before drifting into a trance, The shadow demon woke up and angrily looked at Heeseung.

"KWAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!"
it roared upon Heeseung with madness. No one should harm daniel or else, The shadow demon will devour their soul.

It rushed towards Heeseung. Heeseung evaded it's fangs and tried to touch it. But his power was non-sense with the demon. It wasn't made of anything that has mass. It wasn't even a matter. Even Yoo Jonghyuk cannot stop it from moving. It wreak havoc all through out the rooftop.

The building beneath them started to shake because of Sunghoon and Ana. While the sky keeps wailing because of the shadow demon.

It was like the world is ending.

"H-Heeseung-hyung wake up!!!"
Daniel tried to protest from the demon's embrace. Heeseung looked at him coldly and grabbed the chance to attack him. 

"w-we are your family... wake up! Heeseung-hyung!!"
Heeseung reached his position. before he can even touch daniel, The demon covered him again making it impossible to reach for the younger.

Heeseung fall back, slightly panting. His expression was cold and blank.

"Kill him now Heeseung!! Avenge your mother!! Kill the one who murdered her!! KILL HIM!!!"
Yoo Jonghyuk shouted with annoyance.

Heeseung stood still.

Kill the man who murdered his mother?

before he even realized what happened, A blade was stabbed on him. 

"You told me to kill who murdered my mom right?"
Heeseung appeared on his front and stabbed him on the stomach. Yoo Jonghyuk's eyes went wide.

"H-Heeseung...?"
Heeseung looked at him and smiled devilishly.

Yoo Jonghyuk's eyes started to tear up.

confusion.

fear

despair.

betrayal.