forever (s. paulson)

"How do I look?" you asked your best friend, who was straightening her suit. Cate looked over and just grinned.

"You look fucking amazing, Y/N, Sarah's a lucky girl."

"Don't be silly, I'm luckier, now zip me up, will you?" you chuckled, turning around.

After months of waiting, the day had finally come that you would be able to marry the love of your life. The two of you had met on set, where you worked as part of the overall production crew.

You say met now, but in reality she had sneezed really loudly while you were adjusting the lights and scared the living fuck out of you. You had then dropped the lamp and cussed her out in three different languages. She had taken you out to dinner as an apology for nearly giving you a heart attack and two years later on the exact same day, she proposed to you.

To say you were nervous was an understatement. Your hands were shaking as Cate steadily zipped up the dress from behind you. Taking a deep breath, you turned to your best friend.

"Talk me down, Blanchett, I'm getting nervous."

"Both of you have been waiting for this day for a good part of nearly a year, Y/ N, there's nothing to get nervous about. Just go out there and marry your woman."

Taking her hand in yours, you gave it a grateful squeeze, "Thanks a lot for being here today, Cate."

She pulled you in a hug and pressed an affectionate kiss on your forehead, "I wouldn't miss it for the world. You're my best friend, I'm always here for you. Now, let's go, your bride is waiting."

The two of you walked hand in hand to the venue, which was just everything you had dreamed, not to mention the other woman standing at the altar.

Cate squeezed your hand reassuringly, and you walked down the aisle, hearing the soft piano music playing. Sarah couldn't help the smile that spread across her face as she looked at the woman she was about to spend the rest of her life with.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to witness the union of these to souls in matrimony. Both of you have prepared vows, Y/N, we shall start with you."

Taking a deep breath, you took Sarah's hand in yours before speaking, "Growing up, I never thought I would ever be the type of person to get married, but that all changed when i met you. I can't picture myself living my life without you by my side. You have always been there for me, and I want to be there for you, every day for the rest of my life.

"You are, hands down, the most amazing person I have ever known. Nobody else could match my craziness half as well as you. Throughout the two years we've been together, you never fail to make me smile and make me feel whole. You are my best friend, my soulmate, and my partner in crime.

"I promise, from this day on, to be your rock, someone you can always rely on, someone to get you out of trouble if you need it. I promise to keep finding new ways to make you laugh and smile, especially when you're getting too serious. I promise to be the shoulder you can cry on whenever you need it. I promise to tell you when what you're doing is right and when it's wrong, but still love and stay with you through your bad decisions. I promise to hold your hand always, through good times and bad times, through everything life may throw at us, because as long as we're together, we can make it through anything.

"So, Sarah Catharine Paulson, I just want you to know that from this day on, as I take your last name and pledge myself to you, I am ready to go on more adventures, get involved in more shenanigans, and start living my life better than I did before, because now I have you by my side forever."