cuddles (s. paulson)

Looking over at the blonde who was scrolling through her phone, you took a deep breath and tried to get her attention.

"Hey, Sarah?"

No reply.

"Sarah?"

Nothing.

"Paulson."

Still nothing. This woman was unbelievable.

"Sarah Catharine Paulson. Can you take your eyes off your fucking phone for a second?"

"Hm?" she replied, finally glancing at you, "What do you want?"

"I have something important to tell you."

"Uh-huh, which is what, exactly?"

"I-uh, I think I'm in love with you."

She didn't react, instead she just stared at you for a moment, before taking your hand, and replying with her face completely devoid of emotion.

"Y/N. We're fucking married. We have been for the past 3 years, in case you've forgotten."

"I didn't forget. I needed to get your attention somehow. You're neglecting me now," you said with a pout.

"I wasn't neglecting you. I was ignoring you. There's a difference."

"Don't ruin my moment, Paulson."

"What moment?" she asked, stroking your cheek gently.

You playfully stuck your tongue out at her, which only made her laugh. "Don't make fun of me. I just wanted to be sweet."

"And you are sweet. It's not my fault you felt like I was neglecting you."

"Honestly, I feel like you're replacing me with that stupid phone. What if I take it away?" you replied, swiping it from her hands.

"Give it back, Y/N."

You shook your head and threw it to the other side of the room. "Cuddles first. No devices for today."

"I'm not replacing you with that phone. I don't know why you're being so overdramatic."

"If you want the phone back, you'll cuddle with your fucking wife."

With a dramatic eye roll, she wrapped her arms around you and started kissing your face all over, "How's this?"

"I-I guess it's fine," you stuttered through stifled giggles, "Don't stop, though."

"Wasn't planning on it."

Starting from the top of your head, she planted soft, loving kisses on you, trailing down to your forehead, cheeks, lips, down to your jawline, and your neck, all the way to your collarbone. "Wait, wait, Sarah, that tickles."

"So, are you happy now?"

"Nope, only if we're staying here and cuddling the whole day. Then I'll be happy."

"I refuse to believe that your easily distracted ass can handle just cuddling without anything else happening in the background."

"Well, then, we're watching a movie," you replied, running out of the room to grab your laptop, "Ooh, let's watch Mrs. America!"

"Please, no! I don't wanna see my face onscreen!"

You rolled your eyes, opening your files, "Don't be narcissistic, Paulson. I'm not watching for you. Rose is absolutely and utterly gorgeous, and you can't convince my gay ass otherwise."

"Now I'm jealous. Should I be worried?"

"You replaced me with your phone. I think I should be more worried about you than you should with me. And honestly, she's married, Paulson."

"You're married too, you know," she replied, arms crossed, "Which you very conveniently forgot just a while ago."

"Oh shush, don't be such a baby."

"Aren't I your baby?"

"You are literally older than me, honey."

"Potato, tomato."

She wrapped her arms around your waist as you played the first episode on the TV and snuggled into her, sitting on her lap. "Admit it though, Rose as Gloria is a new level of attractive."

"Well, you're still prettier," she said with a cheeky wink.

"Nope, sorry, that's not what I wanted to hear. Say Rose is attractive and maybe I'll let you get your phone back."

With a huff, Sarah rolled her eyes and replied, "Fine, Rose is very attractive, and kinda amazing."

"See? Wasn't so hard, was it?"

"You're just saying that because you have a crush on like, more than a dozen women."

"Including you, so no need to get upset," you answered, booping her on the nose.

"Who said I was upset?"

"Don't lie to me, Paulson. You were getting jealous yet again."

"Okay, fine, maybe a little. But not that much."

"You do realize I love you and only you, right?"

Raising an eyebrow at you, she started counting off names, "Even more than Emily? Or Rose? Or Cate? What about Sandy? See, I can't even name all of them."

"Don't push your luck."

"I'm just saying, it's like they're gonna steal you away from me."

Grinning, you kissed her on her soft, full lips. "Nobody can steal me away from you, Sarah. I still love you. Even if you get overly jealous of my celebrity crushes. I mean, you can share, you know."

"I'm possessive."

"I know. Now shut up, it's her, she's onscreen, oh my gosh, she's so pretty, I'm so fucking gay."

"I swear, it's like you don't love me anymore."

"Well, like you said, I'm fucking married to you."

"Love you too," came her reply, muffled by her face in your hair.

"Are you still jealous?"

"Maybe."

"Good. Then maybe you'll finally stop giving that phone more attention than me."

"You don't play fair."

"You married me, honey."

"I never said I regretted it."

"I know."

wc : 856

please leave your feedback and whatever requests or ideas you may have !!

- mayesha 🤧