EPILOGUE

One year later

The sun shone brightly on the little bakery known as the Betty's.

Walking through the doors, one would find themselves mesmerised by the delicious smells wafting from the counter. A closer look would lead to a variety of multicoloured pastries, tempting enough to grab one and bite into it.

The fact that it was run by college students in their senior year was widely appreciated. Not only did it gain more popularity among students, but also throughout the city as well.

Tess Heartwood sat upon the counter, gazing at her customers enjoying themselves with the freshly baked goods of Betty's. Once in a while, she would see familiar faces and give them a friendly wave.
This is the job she adored.

Leah Sanders enters the front with a batch of cute little animal cupcakes, which were a hit among children. She places them inside the glass display and steps back to admire her work.

"This is nice, huh?" Tess asks her, tapping on the counter.

Leah shrugs. She gazes at her customers with satisfaction. "They are happy. That's all I want."

Greg and Will walk through the doors and walk up to the counter.
"Two banana muffins, please, " Greg says, waiting for Tess to crack a joke.
Tess just rolls her eyes at him.

"And a penguin cupcake too, " adds Will, pointing at it like a child.
Leah hands it over to him and Will grins widely.

"Anyway, " Greg lowers his voice, "Andy is visiting today."

"What! Where?" Leah asks.

"I told them to come here. Any minute now." Greg says.

"Them? You don't mean Greyes is with him too?" Tess questions.

"Yup, she is." Will answers. "Look, I think that's them."

A girl with flaming red hair walks in, her smile discreet. Beside her, is a muscled guy, complete with tattoos and a beard. They head directly to the counter.

"It's them!" Greg says, his voice filled with excitement.

"We would like two coffees, please." The guy says, his eyes failing to hide how much he missed his friends.

"And a big box of brownies," adds the girl, her voice softer than what they had ever heard.

To say that they had changed would be an understatement.

"So, do you still go by your old names?" Leah asks, beckoning them to sit at a table.

"I'm Andre, and this is my girlfriend Gracie," the guy replies.

"Big difference," mutters Greg, which earns a laugh from around the table.

"Yeah, well, we can't stroll around waiting for the police to catch us, can we?" Gracie says, her voice low but fierce, some of her brashness still present.
"For the record, I am still Greyes, only Andre here changed his name."

"That suits him better, " Tess replies, and Andre gives her a high five.

"Some idiot in Greece mispronounced his name, and he's been obsessed with it ever since, " Greyes says mockingly.

"It sounds exotic, " Andre replies, shrugging nonchalantly.

"So, in studying in Greece?" Will asks.

"I've always wanted to go there. My Grandmom is from the country." Greyes replies. "It was a perfect place for a new start."

"Honestly, it's been a new start for all of us. Ever since Leah has left the hospital, " Tess says.

"Did you date anyone after that?" Andre questions Leah.

"No," Leah states shortly.

The table would have fallen into a sad silence if Leah hadn't spoken again.

"I don't think being single is depressing. I think it's fun. I mean, all of you are dating, and you know how stressful it can be." She says, looking meaningfully at each of them.

They all agreed silently with her but denied the claims because their partner was present too.

"I agree, Leah," Tess speaks aloud, glad that Cedric wasn't around.

They would have continued their conversation if Leah hadn't seen the man leave his bag of muffins.

"I'll be right back," she said and walked hurriedly to grab the bag of muffins. She spotted the guy going outside and ran behind him.

When she finally caught up with him, she tapped on his shoulder, and the man turned around.
Leah stifled a gasp.

The man had short blond hair, bright hazel eyes and a straight nose. He was tall and broad-shouldered and reminded Leah of a certain someone.
Who, by the way, was not supposed to exist.

Leah dismissed her confusion." Umm...you left this behind, Mr..." She glanced at the name on the bag.

Adam White.

Leah's heart skipped a beat.

"Thanks, Leah, " replied the man.

Leah tried to wake up, thinking that she was asleep.
This must all be a dream.

"It's for real." The man replied, his voice rumbling.

"For Real?" Leah asks.

The man nods, "For Real."