Chapter 34: Ex- Girlfriend?

(I am super sorry! Chesonghamnida 츼송합니다~ so sorry that I have to speak formal. I haven't updated once in a month. Coz school was crapping me and ive been getting low grades and I can't even catch up on watching BANGTANTV episodes :( super sorry...screw this author's note and let's do this)

---

I swing my legs repeatedly as it hung from the bench I was sitting on. Jungkook, who's been sitting beside me, started to feel awkward.

Me too.

Girlfriend? Tsk! Yeah right...

"CL's mad at me." I said, finally breaking the silence.

"Aish...it was because you didn't tell her, paboya!" Jungkook teased, pushing my forehead with his finger.

But even if I told her, you wouldn't even protect me from Jimin, paboya!

"Jungkook, since we can't keep secrets, I need to ask you something." I said nervously, playing with my fingers.

"Oh, what is it?" He asked.

"H-have you dated?" I asked, not looking into his eyes since it was too awkward.

He chuckled and searched for my face.

"What are you saying? What kind of secret is that?" He asked, chuckling.

I breathed in and exhaled deeply. "Jungkook...last week when I was going home with CL we--we got attacked b-by mysterious girls." I started, trying to figure out the words.

Jungkook widened his eyes but couldn't say anything. My eyes started to tear up a bit.

"They trapped us and beat us up. Then the leader of the group wanted to take revenge on me. She said something about you. She said that I stole you from her. I don't get it. She said she was your--your girlfriend..." I mumbled the word 'girlfriend'.

Jungkook gasped. "Who the hell is she?! I don't have a girlfriend! She's not--" he froze and stared at space as he remembered something.

I sighed in disappointment. So I was right.

"So you really DO have a girlfriend." I sniffed.

"Yea, but that was a long time ago. I just can't believe she actually came back. Erica, what did she do to you?" He asked, worriedly.

"I told you...they beat me up." I said softly.

He sighed worriedly and put his hands on my shoulders.

"Erica, I'm sorry I wasn't there to protect you. I should've been the...guy friend you wanted me to be. I'm really sorry." He said and my parted my lips as he said those words.

"But where are the--" he asked, touching my arms and looking for the wounds.

"Suga took us home. And we stayed in his house f-for a week..." I was afraid to say that.

He inhaled deeply and looked forward and ruffled his hair.

"Why did it have to be him?" I hear him mumble. He turned again to me and shot his eyes on mine.

"Erica, I'm sorry I wasn't there to protect you. I know I should've." He apologized and I tried hard not to cry. I just didn't like realities like this.

"Ani...I'm all fine now, see?" I said positively, lifting up my sleeves to show him no more bruises.

He smiled. "I'm happy you're okay now. But you still have to watch out for her. I'll talk to her don't worry." He comforted.