Chapter 4: Basketball Queen

Uhh school starts tomorrow...I still want my bed and my pillow :(

I decicded to have fun today coz it's no-freedom-week starting tomorrow. So I wanted to go outside. This time, I asked my eomma and she said yes! "Sure honey! Take care. Be back before it's dark, ok?" I nod my head and wave her goodbye. I grab my bike and started cycling around the neighborhood. I stopped at the playground and sat on the swing then plugged the earphones in my ears. I'm playing...Boy in luv by BTS!

"Hi," someone says. And I knew it was Suga.

"Hi," I say not looking up to him and still playing with my phone. Then suddenly someone else approaches me. All I can see is his basketball shoes, since I'm looking down.

"This is V, he's one of the guys that hangout with us." Suga introduces.

"Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi!" He says bowing down 90 degrees over and over. "I'm B!" He says it 'B' coz he's korean but I think he meant 'V'. "I'm sorry Jungkook bumped into you the other day."

I giggle a bit and stand up. I shake his hand, "Oh, gwaenchana!"

"So, are you gonna tell me your name?" Suga asks.

"Fine, it's Erica." I finally say. Did I just tell him my name?

"Erica, that's a nice name..." V says. I laugh a bit.

"So, are gonna do anything today?" Suga asks.

"No, not really. I just decided to cycle around the neighborhood." I reply.

"Then, can you play with us?"

"Play what?"

"Basketball or...something"

I think twice. Should I? I know I studied basketball last year so I think I still remember the rules.

"Umm, maybe I still can." I say, looking at my watch.

"Okay c'mon!" They lead me to the basketball court and 5 other guys were standing there. One of them was Jungkook.

"What's she doing here?" Jungkook asks. That's so rude!

"She's playing with us. But first," Suga looks at me, "this is, J-Hope (who's dancing weirdly, lol), Jin, Jimin, RapMon and...I'm pretty sure you know who Jungkook is."

"Anyeong." I say shyly, bowing 90 degrees.

We picked the teams and I'm with V, Jin, and J-Hope. The opposing team is RapMon, Suga, Jimin and Jungkook.

While playing I just stood there coz no one was passing the ball. Huhuhu. I was literally in the center of the court and I kept saying I was open but they don't pass it. There's no trust here! Then suddenly Jin passes the ball to me. I throw it to shoot and....IT SHOT! Whooo! Good thing they didn't block me coz they thought I couldn't shoot. Lol, bad choice guys.

"Wow! I never knew you could..." V stutters.

"...shoot? I told you I studied basketball last year!" I reply.

"Now this is getting real!" RapMon shouts. "1:0 in favor of Erica's team!"

We kept playing. The ball was with Jungkook and I tried to steal it. But he pushes me on the shoulder (IN PURPOSE!!!) and I fall. But he shoots the ball. "FOUL!" V shouts. That wasn't counted!" Why is he so mean to me? I never did anything to him. I just shrugged it of and before I could stand up, Suga helps me up. "Thanks." I say and he just smiles.

"Erica, free throw!" V shouts. Why me? I'm more nervouse with free throws! "K! Coming." I yell.

Jungkook throws me the ball hard and I stumble a bit but I caught it. I rolled my eyes and faced the basketball hoop. Whoo! I can do this. For my team. I dribble the ball a few times and I throw it. I sigh and smiled cause it shot!

"Waahhh!!!!" J-Hope shouts and running like an airplane we 'bro hugged' and continued playing.

"Whew, nice game guys!" Suga shouts, brofisting everyone's fists. We won! Whoo...it was close, 13:12. "Yah good game." Jungkook says, hitting the ground hard with the ball and it bounces so hard. "What's with him?" I ask Jimin, who's beside me. "Something tragic happened to his family last week and he couldn't move on still" He replies. "Ohhh..." I say nodding my head. "I should go talk to him." I leave Jimin and walk towards Jungkook but Jimina grabs my arm. "Wait, be careful noona. He might do anything to you." He says and I grin. He then released my arm and I walked towards Jungkook, who's facing the other way.

*ahem*

"Umm, hi." I begin.