Chapter 1: Leaving Hometown

I've already packed my bags and showered today. I stepped out of our door and locked it. I waved one last goodbye at it before going in the car. Leaving my home was just so sad. This is where I grew up. It's my hometown. I made friends here, and even in school, I had to leave them. Last Friday was our last day together and I won't forget it. And I promised them that we would always be connected in FB and that I would always chat with them. I heard the engines of our car start and we left. I just started to think about what my life would be in the city. It's really noisy and busy. I'm more of a quiet girl than a party girl. So I have to adjust very well.

I hear my mom talking on the phone with her boss, saying that she'll start working in the city next week. They have a new branch of a fashion line there and my mom's very excited about it. That's why we left.

I bet our travel would be about 4-3 hours. So I need to reserve my energy. I rest my head against the car window and calm myself to sleep.

"Erica, Erica honey? C'mon wake up now. We're here!" My mom's voice fills my ears and I get up slowly. "Ughhh" I mumble. My eyelids feel so heavy but I try to open them. I rub my eyes and combed my hair with my fingers. I slap myself softly to stay awake. My mom laughs, "What a funny way to wake yourself up. C'mon now!" She leaves me in the car and I just sit here, staring at our new house. It's a really big house for just the two of us. It's painted white with a little of red. It has a big yard on the front with a cute little mailbox with the numbers 456. I sigh deeply and step out the car. "Why do you look so gloomy sweetie?" My mom says, while getting our bags from the trunk. "I just...miss my old home." I say softly. "Erica, you'll get used to it too here. You'll make friends too like back in the country. Don't worry, you'll eventually like it here." Nope. I don't think I will. I just nod my head and start helping her carry our bags. She opens our door and I was shocked. It looks just like our old home. JUST LIKE IT. "Shocked? Yep, me too! I didn't know they could do it!" My mom says. "Do what?" I say, still sleepy. "Well, I instructed my workers to design our new house like our old one so that you could still feel like you're still in our old house." She smiled as she headed straight to the kitchen and started arranging some stuff.

Great mom! You just made it worse. I'll have more memories and do you think it'll change anything? No. Because we're still in the same house!

I just left out a sigh and headed straight up the stairs to look for my room. I wish it's better than our living room. I go in and...it's not. It's still the same! Every inch of my old room detailed! From the room color to the positioning. Ughh. I throw my bags on the bed and sat on a chair and looked out the window. There are so much houses. I guess we're in a subdivision. All the houses look the same to me. I stare at the view for a while and realized I have to start unpacking. I didn't have a hard time knowing the difference of the bathroom door and the closet cause, SAME ROOM! "Erica, come down now! We're gonna have our lunch!" My mom yells from downstairs. I quickly put on my shoes and ran downstairs. Half way down, I could already smell the food. It's carbonara! My favorite! I think this is the only exciting moment that has been happening today. The rest were miserable. "I cooked you favorite, cutiepie!" You don't say mom, you don't say. "Yah..I could see that," I reply, sitting on my chair. We pray then eat. For some reason, my mom just stares at me in an odd way. Like I'm from a different world or something. I was about to ask her why but then she starts talking. "Honey, howcome you don't feel so happy?" Seriously mom? Now you're asking me this? You don't know why? "I think it's pretty obvious." I say and she sighs. "Whatever princess, deal it with yourself and start adjusting. I've got work to do." She says, leaving the table and picking up her plate to put it in the sink. She goes straight to her office room and I just continue eating, not thinking about a single thing. Just food!