Chapter 1 Part 1

Disclaimer: 

- this - means thoughts

this means creature talking in head

"this" means normal talking

Severus's P.O.V.

It's January 8th, 1976. The clock on the wall reads 11:58 pm. I sit on the floor of my bedroom like I do every year and count down the seconds to midnight. The clock reads 11:59, and I start counting down, while everyone else in the house sleeps. 

60...

59...

58...

all the way down to

10...

9...

8...

7...

6...

5...

4...

3...

2...

1... 

The grandfather clock downstairs chimes, signaling that it's now midnight. My birthday.

Then, the pain comes. 

I've felt pain before, more times than I would ever admit to anyone, but this pain felt like nothing I've felt before. Every inch of my skin feels like it's being stabbed by a million pins, every cell in my body feels like it's burning in hot magma, all of my bones are breaking and fusing back together only to be ripped apart again. Nausea  overcomes me, squeezing my skull, until it feels like it's imploding, and I bite my lip, drawing blood as I refrain myself from letting out a blood-curdling scream. I pray to whatever god is watching to let me pass out, go unconcious, even die, anything, to be rid of this horrid pain engulfing my entire being.  

After what seems like an eternity, my screaming stops, my pain ebbs away, and I'm left in the complete silence like nothing had occurred. Except, something had occurred, or at the very least I felt my paranoia returning. I had the strangest feeling that I wasn't alone, but it didn't feel like the creepy kind. It felt.... comforting, almost.

Hello? 

The voice sounds simultaneously and eerily close and far away. I whip my head every which way, trying to find the source of the voice. 

"Who's there?", I rasp out, a hint of fear quite evident in my voice.

I'm Nathaniel, your Veela, but you can call me Nat if you want to!

"Nat.... alright. Where are you then? And what do you mean by 'your Veela' ?"

I'm in your head. And WE are a Veela.

I pause. "Veela, like a creature inheritance, cuz I don't recall having any creature blood in my family?"

I don't know how that all works. Anyways, what's your name?

"My name's Severus." -This is super freaky.- "So what all does it mean when you say you, sorry, WE are a Veela?" 

Do you not know how it works? You seemed confident in your answer before. Anyways, like you know, my name is Nat, I think your name is amazing by the way, and I'm a Veela and you're a human. We share this body. We can both take control of the body, and when I do your Veela side will show. Although, the only time I'll really want to take control is when our mate needs us to...

"Mate?..." I'm drawn to the word, like now it has a different meaning than it used to.

I'll get to that. And, you don't need to talk out loud, especially since you seem to be the only person awake, because I can hear your thoughts.

-You can?-

Yeah.

-Cool.-

Ooooh, can we see our wings? I bet they look super pretty!

-Sure.-

I silently creep out of my bedroom and slink into the nearby bathroom. I lock the door and turn to face the mirror. I take notice of my more.... feminine figure, shall I say. I looked more curvy, delicate, even, and I seemed to have lost a few inches in height. 

Look at us, Severus! We look so pretty! Wouldn't our hair look simply stunning when braided! And we have the most beautiful onyx eyes! Don't you think, Severus?

-Whatever you say, Nat. But, aren't dominants supposed to get taller and more muscular when going through an inheritance? I look like a submissive.- 

Because we ARE a submissive. And, either way, Veelas always do have a more petite, sophisticated physique. It's in our nature. Ooh, open our wings! I want to see how pretty our wings are!

I took off my shirt, also noticing the slight tan the inheritance left me with. I concentrated on unfurling the wings, fascinated at how they do as I command. The wings almost reach across the entire length of the bathroom, and they almost shine in a breathtaking midnight black. They almost match my eyes. 

Aaaw, they're gorgeous! They almost match your eyes. They look really soft, too. I wonder if our mate would like them. Ohhh, I can't wait to go flying on them! 

I can't help but smile at my reflection as Nat fawns over our wings. However, I bring him back to Earth when he mentions the word 'mate' again.

-Nat, could you tell me more about mates? You seemed happy when you mentioned it earlier.-

Oh, yeah! Our mate will be someone who was made specifically for us, as we for them. They're our other half, designed to perfectly compliment us in every way. As a submissive, it is our job to be obedient and loyal only to our dominant, to please them, and keep them and our chicks safe. They belong to us, and we belong to them.

-Do you know who they'll be?-

Most creatures can be mated to any other creature, and in some cases, any witch or wizard. They could be male or female, but given who we are, I suspect we'll be given a male mate, because female dominants are rare. There will be a sense of longing with you until you find them, well, make eye contact, and it'll hurt more every day.

-We'll die if they reject us though, right?-

More of an instance where you fall so deep into a depression that you end up killing yourself, but yes. But, they're made for us, so they won't reject us. And we won't reject them, right?

-Of course not, Nat.-

And I assume you haven't been trained if you're asking this many questions.

-You would be the expert here.-

Well, it would be beneficial to have someone who will help you fit into this role, since you're not used to it. Friends and family might be able to help as guidance. Oohh, can I meet our parents?!

-Sure, Nat, just be patient, okay?-

Just then, someone knocked on the bathroom door. 

################################################################################

(1066 words!)

(Stay tuned for part 2 ;))