10. Lazy Afternoons and Displeasing Run-ins

Before you start this chapter, please go check out the playlist created by  for this book. I put it in a chapter after the prologue. Trust me, you're gonna love those songs. And they perfectly capture the mood of every chapter.  

CHAPTER 10
Lazy Afternoons and Displeasing Run-ins  

"Lynne, wake up"

I felt a light sting as I opened my eyes to see Blake looking down at me.

"I actually woke up before you." He said giving me a cheeky grin. I lifted my face to get a better look at him and noticed that that he was already in his uniform.

His smile fell as he looked at my face. He lifted his hand to my face and caressed my cheek, "Have you been crying?"

"Uh, I had a nightmare." I lied.

"Well, you're awake now. It's going to be fine." He said giving me a small smile.

As I see it, I'm still stuck in the nightmare.

"You don't look so good, Lynne. Do you want to stay home?" he asked looking concerned.

Not going to school sounded great. So, I gave him an affirmative nod.

"Okay then. I'll go change." He said.

"Why?"

"If you're not going to school, I'm staying with you."

"That's really not necess--" I started.

"Bullshit! I'm staying." He interrupted and started unbuttoning his shirt.

"Okay", I mumbled and snuggled my pillow trying to go back to sleep.

A minute later I felt the bed dip beside me. A strong arm wrapped around me and I went back to sleep enjoying his warmth.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

I woke up and rubbed my eyes. I looked to my side and noticed that Blake was still asleep beside me. I slowly removed his arm from my waist trying not to wake him up. I got up and walked into the washroom to do my morning routine.

Blake was still asleep when I got back, so I walked out to the balcony to enjoy some fresh air.

A few minutes later, my phone rang. I looked down to see the caller ID which showed Cole's name and I answered it with a hello.

"You weren't at school today." He said.

"Nope. I decided to stay home." I told him, "Why is it that you called?"

"Did you hear that Blake asked Terra to the ball?"

"Yes, I did." I answered, "Why didn't you take her?"

"My mom wanted my date to be someone from a well-known family." He replied and I could feel him rolling his eyes. "So, I want you to be my date." He said, making me sigh.

"I'm flattered you thought of me, but I'll have to decline." I replied.

"Addy, please. My mom really like you. So, she'll approve of you."

"I'm sorry. But I'm not going to that ball." I said and hung up.

I walked back into my room and saw that Blake wasn't in bed. A few minutes later, he walked out of the bathroom and sat next to me on my bed.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" he asked.

"I'm feeling fine." I replied. "How are you feeling after last night with your parents?"