13. Delicate Statues and Fated Heart-to-Heart

CHAPTER 13
Delicate Statues and Fated Heart-to-Heart

Blake's POV

"Bye Blake" 

She ripped her hands away from my grip with a smirk before turning away and leaving with Cole. 

I felt an arm slump over my shoulder and I didn't need to turn my head to know that it was Asher. 

"She just walked away." I whispered as I kept my eyes trained on Lynne and Cole. 

"Yeah, I saw that. It was pretty hilarious." Asher commented with a smirk, making me narrow my eyes at him. 

"Who needs girls anyways?" He asked and turned to look at me, "I'll be your date." 

"I'll call you if I ever get that desperate." I said and walked over to the table of drinks as he followed behind me. 

He huffed, "I'll have you begging for me in no time." 

I laughed as I took a glass of champagne from the table, "Was sex with Hazel so bad that you turned gay?" 

"What sex? Every time we get somewhere close to doing something, she starts asking about all the girls I've been with and tells me to go take an STD checkup." 

I laughed and shook my head. 

"Do you think she's having sex with Luke?" he asked. 

"Why would I know about Hazel's sex life? Ask Lynne." I suggested 

"She won't tell me." He groaned, "This is driving me crazy. She's been texting Luke for the past one hour." 

"Why are you even in an open relationship?" I asked. 

"Because we're going off to college next year. A real relationship comes with too much attachment. Whereas an open relationship is simpler to leave."

"You could've just avoided getting into a relationship."

"But I like her and I want to be with her, but I don't want to get too attached. So, this is my perfect solution. And maybe we could have successful long distance open relationship later." He explained, "I know, I'm smart." 

"Nope, I still think that you and your solution's dumb." 

He rolled his eyes, "Oh, look who's talking, Mr. Friend-with-benefits." 

"Lynne and I are nothing like you and Hazel." 

"I don't see the difference." He shrugged.

"You two have feelings involved. Lynne and I have a no feelings relationship." 

"Sure. I definitely didn't see any feelings when she walked off with Cole." He scoffed sarcastically.

"You're very annoying." I said narrowing my eyes at him. 

"But you still love me." He grinned. 

"I'm going to go find Terra." I said. 

He pouted, "You're ditching me too." 

I rolled my eyes, "Go find Hazel and ask her to dance with you. Sitting here with me and whining isn't going to get you anywhere."  

"Fine." He huffed. 

I walked towards the direction Cole came through before and finally found Terra sitting alone in one of the tables.

"Hey" I said as I sat down next to her. 

Instead of responding to me, she looked away. 

"Terra, why are you avoiding me?" I asked but she didn't answer, "If this is about my mom, I'm sorry for her behavior. But I want you to know that I don't care what she thinks. You're my date tonight and I'm not going to forget about you just because she told me to."