37. Adulthoods and Overdone Parties

CHAPTER 37
Adulthoods and Overdone Parties

My alarm blasted into my ears and I groaned before snoozing it and turning around to snuggle close to Blake.

Wait, Blake?

"What the fuck are you doing in my room?" I asked, sitting up straight on my bed as he slept beside me.

"Go back to sleep." He mumbled, pulling me towards him.

"Blake!" I squeaked before slapping on his hand.

He tiredly opened his eyes before looking at me.

"Happy Birthday", he said.

"Thank you", I said, "But what are you doing here?"

"I wanted to be the first person you see this year." He said before closing his eyes.

"Right. And you're also the first person I swore at this year." I said before lying down again.

"Think positively, Lynne. I'm the first person you talked to this year." He said with his eyes closed and I chuckled before hugging his waist.

He placed a kiss on my forehead as he wrapped an arm around me and I was about to go back to sleep when my phone rang.

I groaned before picking up the phone, answering it and keeping it close to my ear.

"Happy Birthday!" Asher's sound shouted into my ears.

"Than–"

"Happy Birthday!" Another voice shouted.

"Thanks, Hazel." I chuckled.

"Don't forget. We're all meeting up for drinks tonight at Jack's bar." Hazel reminded.

"Yes, I kno–"

"Happy Birthday!" Asher shouted again.

"I wasn't done talking to her!" Hazel scolded.

"Wear something good." She told me.

"I always do."

"Wear something better than good." She said.

"Okay. What do you have planned?" I asked.

"Nothing", she laughed nervously, "It's just a casual day at the club. Nothing more."

"Hazel! Hang up now!" Asher whisper-shouted before the line went dead. I laughed before turning to Blake.

"Blake, we have school." I murmured sleepily, drawing circles on his bare chest with my finger.

"Let's skip." He said, holding me tighter.

"But I want to meet my friends." I said.

"You can meet them at the club."

"But then we'll be drunk."

"Fine", he sighed.

I placed a kiss on his cheek before removing his arms from me.

"I'm going to go shower." I said.

"I'll come with you." He said, "Let's do a good deed on your birthday and save water."

"Okay, fine." I shrugged.

"Wait, really?" He asked, quickly getting up from the bed.

"You're up. Now you could go shower alone in your bathroom." I said and he pouted at me.

I laughed and placed a kiss on his cheek before walking into my bathroom.

After brushing my teeth, showering and dressing up for school, I walked back into my bedroom where Blake stood fully dressed in his uniform.