28. Daddy Issues and Outdoor Conversations

I just realized that I haven't put any pictures of Matt Lanter in here even though I have a HUGE obsession with him (He is the guy on the cast list for Blake) Yeah, so that's Blake ^^^^

CHAPTER 28
Daddy Issues and Outdoor Conversations

Blake's POV

As soon as I entered the house, I was greeted with the sight of my dad sitting on the couch with a few documents in his hands. As soon as he heard my footsteps, he looked up at me and gave me a small smile.

"I thought you were staying over at Addelyn's." He said but instead of responding, I kept walking towards the staircase.

"Blake, wait!" He said and I stopped in my tracks. "We're not done talking."

"We are." I said coldly.

"Please, Blake. We need to figure this out." He said and I sighed. I walked towards the couch and he moved to side, making space for me to sit next to him.

"You know I love you." He said as I sat down.

"I don't really feel the love when you're asking me for a paternity test." I said, rolling my eyes.

"I'm sorry, Blake." He sighed, "I just found out last week that your mom had an affair before you were born. It's been bothering me ever since."

"How did you find out about it?" I asked.

"I found these with some old files." He said, handing over a few photos to me which were dated almost a year before I was born. I clenched my fist at the sight of my mom with a random man that I have never seen before in my life.

"So, my mom is a cheater." I said, more like questioned, as I lowered my head.

"She isn't." He said and I frowned.

"I thought you were married back then."

"We were. But we broke up and we were in the process of getting a divorce. Then we found out that she was pregnant, so, we decided to stay together."

"So, you two were together only because of me?" I asked and he nodded.

"Do you love her?" I asked and he looked down at his lap in silence.

"Did you ever love her?"

"Yes." He spoke.

"Did you love her after I was born?" I asked and again, he didn't respond.

"So, you both have been lying to me and pretending for the past eighteen years?" I asked, raising up from my seat.

"We just wanted you to have a stable family." He said.

"Well, this seems very stable when you're asking me for a fucking paternity test!" I shouted.

"Blake, I don't have any doubts that you're my son." He sighed.

"Then what's the point of taking a test?"

"I just want to make sure. I don't want to live with the possibility that you might be someone else's child."

"And if I am?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Nothing has to change. You'll still be my son."

"I need a moment to take this all in." I said before climbing up the stairs.

As soon as I got into my bedroom, I fell face first on my bed before taking out my phone and switching it on.

There were multiple notifications on my phone but there were only two of them that captured my attention. I played the first voicemail sent by Lynne before placing it close to my ear.