32

32, Dealing with pain

"I'm sorry..."

"It's okay." I said softly as I rested my back on the driver's seat.

I know I have tendencies of being impulsive at times and I turned to be driven by my intense emotions about something so... I thought of doing one thing that I actually have imagined doing since then. I wanted to go back and visit Baguio City again. I can't remember much of my memories when I went there when I was a kid, back when my father took mom and I with him for a big project he's got under his company. But I know that I was happy then as I was toured around.

I just saw some pictures of the city on Instagram and I thought it must be so nice to see the good spots of the place again myself, now that I am older and... I can keep the memories more within my brain's capacity. I also thought how nice it could be if I'd go there with Safe since we haven't tried going somewhere other than the places here in Sta. Monica and... some in Sta. Clara too. It's valentine's day too so I had an idea of exploring somewhere far, at Baguio to be exact.

But I guess it calls on a bad timing. Safe asked me where we'll go when the car passed by the plaza and I took the straight main road which will lead us to Baguio City. It takes approximately around 2-3 hours before we get there and Safe was obviously stunned when I answered him clearly, we'd go to Baguio.

"May aasikasuhin ako bukas nang maaga..." he said, looking at me.

It was really a bad timing, my sudden plan of going there. As for the things we'd probably need for our stay there... I prepared a hygiene kit with me and two hoodies on the backseat so Safe can use one of them but well, hindi na rin tuloy so wala rin.

If tutuloy kasi kami, mahaba ang biyahe at hindi tiyak kung makakauwi kami ngayon. May importanteng lalakarin si Safe bukas so okay lang din kung huwag na kaming pumunta. I understand him and I know we should always give our studies more attention.

And so now... we only stopped on the side of a road, trees were consecutively standing probably about five meters away from each other. It's night time already and it was actually fast. The lamppost were already sharing their light. Safe would let out his deep sigh like he's on deep thoughts too. I stared at him with my hands placed on the steering wheel. Buhay pa ang makina ng sasakyan pero hindi na ito gumagalaw. The air from the AC has reminded me that the food on the trunk could become cold too but... should I still show him my surprise? It's been quite a long time now that I'm alone with him but he hasn't mentioned the valentine's day yet... still... like he really didn't know it.

"May ipapakita ka sa'kin... nasa Baguio?" marahang tanong niya kalaunan. His backpack looked kinda big now because it's possibly filled with books so it took my attention a bit. It's on his lap and he's kinda hiding it too, with his arms.

"Silly... no..." a smile formed on my face.

"Okay, then... what is it? Nasaan?"

I looked at his face. Bahala na nga.

I went out of the car and told him to follow me. I was really nervous to see his reaction but we're here already and... what else am I supposed to do but show him what I prepared for him, right? I opened the trunk of my car and saw how stunned he was by the sight of the things inside. He saw everything... the card... balloons... all of it, and then he shifted his eyes to me. I smiled shyly, caressing my hands while feeling my face heating up. My heart was nowhere near calm. He lowered his head, biting his lips before walking towards me to give me a warm hug. His arms were around my shoulders and I could feel his breath on the side of my face as he stayed there. I smiled again, wrapping my arms around his broad back too until he withdrew from the hug, his hazel eyes staring directly at me.