Chapter 4: Death

Hawks POV

The elevator doors opened and I entered the main floor of my agency. I was deep in thought as I waved to a few of my sidekicks on the way to my office. My thoughts were suddenly gone as soon as I felt the heat.

Before me stood Endeavor, the current #1 hero, Dabi's abusive father, and my once favorite hero.

"Hawks, I got something that might interest you." He began.

As soon as I heard his voice, I just continued my path around him to get to my office. I was about to shut the door behind me when his hand slammed it open, and the temperature got higher.

"Are you ignoring me?" He shouted, furiously. "You better listen to me-."

I glared back at him. "Or what? What are you going to do, burn me alive?" I turned on my heel and made my way towards my desk, ticked off.

"What?" Endeavor sounded confused. "Hawks, there's no time for games. The league of villains attacked again. That Dabi is the cause of it."

"That's a lie." I responded.

"Hawks, we need all the heroes we can get out there." Endeavor points out the window. "I guess it doesn't matter who started it, but people are in danger out there."

I calmed down. Returned to usual cheerful self. He's right. People need me right now. "Okay. Let's do this."

The attack was only a few blocks away from my agency. Most of my sidekicks were already there fighting.

"There's Dabi." Endeavor points out in the distance.

Hawks looked in the direction and saw the pyro's blue flames engulf a building. "He's a fake." I explained. "But I'll still take care of him. Get the other villains. Along the way, we'll gather any water quirk heroes to put out his flames on the buildings."

"I don't understand how you can tell he's a fake, but understood." Endeavor rarely follows orders but agreed.

I flew straight for the pyro imposter. Upon arrival, I kicked the side of his head. Causing him to stop his flamethrower and slam to the ground. As I landed on top of him, the face smiled before turning to mud.

"Twice did this." I said loudly. "Which means and attack from behind." I turned to find Twice, Toga and a third villain running towards me.

I used a few of my smaller feathers to carry the third villain away, slamming him into the wall of the nearby flaming building. I used my longer feather sword to slash Toga, who also crumbled to mud and dirt. Twice suddenly changed his mind and began to retreat, but I wouldn't allow it. I grabbed him by the shoulder, turning around just in time to punch him in the face, knocking him to the ground. I looked around to find the third villains body melt showing Toga's body, unconscious.

"Never impersonate Dabi again." I ordered Twice.

"Why specifically him?" He asked. "Aren't you going to arrest me and stop me from transforming into anyone?" His voice changed a little. "What are you, my Father? You can't tell me what to do, hero."

I look at him intensely. "No, I'm releasing you to send a message to the League of Villains. Tell Shigaraki that Dabi is dead. I meant to take him alive last night to get information out of him, but he burned himself to ashes."

"Oh no." Twice said in the second voice. "Not Dabi." The voice changed back to the original. "You wasted your energy on him. He knows nothing of our plans anyways."

Just as he explained that, Toga returned with a knife in her hand. Before I could retreat, Endeavor grabs my arm and yanks me out of the way. Before he could attack the villains, they made an escape through their portal.

"Damn it, they got away." Endeavor stated, before turning his attention back to me. "Are you alright? Did she manage to cut you?"

"Don't touch me." I pulled my arm out of his grasp.

"What happened to you? Did that Dabi fellow say something to you."

I didn't bother facing him. "First of all, that Dabi was a clone. I made that aware earlier. Do you know how I knew he was a clone?"

"Enlighten me." Endeavor folded his arms in.

"Because I killed Dabi myself last night." I explained before I flew off in frustration.

I landed over by my sidekicks, explaining the villains escaped and they were safe, letting them know that I was returning to my office to file the report.

Once I returned to my office, I sat at my desk and relaxed momentarily. I knew what I was about to do was perilous, but I had to do it. I signed on to the Hero Network and reported that Dabi was dead. I removed him from the Wanted Villains list, and filled in false info about how he died, closing the case. I then sent information to a few newspaper companies to let citizens know that he is dead and they were safe from being involuntarily cremated. After that was finished, I began to search for ways to heal his scars.

Hours had passed and I decided my research had to be postponed because the early morning hours were creeping closer. I made my way back to my home, opening the door to find Dabi sleeping on the floor once again. I decided to use my quirk to carefully place him on one side of my bed while I took the other side.

For a former villain, you sure sleep peacefully. I thought as I watched him sleep, until eventually I also went to dream.