Chapter 9: The Family

Hawks POV

Endeavor's chauffeur brought the car to a stop and got out of the vehicle. He went and let Endeavor out before coming to my side to let me out. Cars were never my favorite way to travel, mainly because my wings made it difficult to get in and out.

Endeavor lead the way to the front door. I noticed his house style was more of a classic Japanese look. He proceeded to open the door and announced he was home while I entered and did the same.

I followed him around like a dog, feeling out of place and not wanting to knock anything over with my wings to piss him off. We entered a dining room where I found three young adults, his children. I instantly recognized Shoto, since he was in the sports festival earlier this year. When he turned to introduce himself, I got a good look at the scar on his face.

"I'm Shoto," he said plainly. "It's an honor to meet you."

"Oh, there's no need to be so formal." I explained to him. "I'm only 23. I'm not that old."

"Oh really?" The woman stood up, excitedly. "I didn't know you were the same age as me! I'm sorry. I got excited there. My name is Fuyumi, and I'm a kindergarten teacher. I'm also the one who cooked the meal."

"No worries, I try to look older." I put my hand behind my head and smiled.

"That seems to be the problem." The other one said.

I looked down at the other man, who had a serious look on his face and responded, "What do you mean?"

"Well, you're trying to make yourself look older but then tell people you're not old kind of conflicts with each other."

"Oh," I responded. "I've never thought of it that way."

Fuyumi ruffles his hair. "Natsu, stop being so serious. He's the number two hero, give him respect."

As they talked it out, I took a seat where Endeavor suggested, between Shoto and himself. I looked at the food to find a variety of things, but the one thing that caught my eye was a very unique looking soba dish.

Fuyumi saw me staring and chimed in. "That right there is a family recipe our mom used to make us a lot. I understand it probably looks weird to outsiders."

There was then an awkward silence looming over the table, which I needed to break. "Well, thanks for the food!"

After another minute of silence, Fuyumi spoke up. "So how was work today, dad?"

"Oh, the usual." I felt him glaring at me. "Waiting for others to do their jobs so I can do mine."

"Just to let you know, I was up pretty late last night with research, so that's why I was so late." I explained.

"What kind of research? Like why you want to fly south this time a year?" Endeavor joked around for once, which shocked me.

I let out a nervous laugh. "Haha, if only I could use that as an excuse. But no. Speaking of which, do you know anyone with a healing abilities on past injuries?"

"You mean like recovery girl?" He responds.

"She only heals current, quirk related injuries." Shoto chimed in. "But someone who could heal scars would be useful."

"Oh, not to be rude. But when will your wife be home? I wanted to see what lucky lady landed the now number 1 hero." I said, knowing exactly what I was doing.

Natsu suddenly got up from his seat and left the room. Fuyumi got up to go after him, but Endeavor grabbed her arm to stop her.

"Don't worry, he'll come back around eventually." Endeavor tried his best to calm the situation. "Unfortunately, my wife is away at the moment visiting family. But here's a photo of her if you want to see." He then grabbed a frame from nearby and hands it to me.