Chapter 20: Radiate

(A/N- Ok sorry for the repeating scene. -e/n).

POV Hawks:

My flight was exhausting. I used a lot of my quirk fighting those villains earlier. Then once everyone was safe again, the media stormed around me, not giving me enough space to stretch my wings.

I would have come straight home if Endeavor didn't grab me when I was taking off. Asshole. Now my ankle hurts because of that grip of his.

"I need to distract you from reality for a moment." I remembered him saying. That still doesn't make sense. After that one line he went on about how I needed teamwork and lectured me about it.

Once I had landed, I just stood there for a moment, finally I'm home. I had looked on the front porch and noticed a potted plant that wasn't there before. Did he come outside? I had no idea why the thought bugged me, but why would he plant something in winter? I guess spring is coming in a few weeks.

Then my thoughts went dark. Did he leave the eggs alone? I was now ticked off, but still worn from the trip to really express it. I pulled my keys out and unlocked the door.

Upon entering, I heard the usual, "Keigo, let's get married," from Dabi.

Hold up.......

I took a moment replaying the scene in my head: me walking in upset and Dabi saying his usual in a monotone voice.

Somethings not right....

Keigo, let's get married.

Keigo....

Married.....

My brain lit up faster than a sneeze. It had finally processed the information and generated a response.
*Blushes.*

I look at him, glared, thinking it was a joke. He's not even on his knees. He's not even looking at me.

———————————————————————————

POV Normal

Hawks entered, looking exhausted.

"Keigo," Dabi said in a monotone voice, "let's get married."

Hawks facial expression didn't change for a moment. But all of a sudden, his wings perked up, after finally realizing what was said.

Hawks looked at Dabi and Dabi returned a glance. He could easily read the confusion on his face, probably thinking it was a joke.

Dabi gets up and walks towards Hawks. He then walked passed him to shut the door. "Close the door next time, so the eggs don't to get cold."

Hawks didn't bother looking at Dabi, knowing full well now that this was a joke. "I'm not in the mood for your games."

Hawks was suddenly grabbed by the shoulder and turned around. Hawks eyes were already watering. "It's not a joke." Dabi states. He then reaches in his pocket and pulls out 2 matching silver rings. "I want to marry you, Keigo."

Hawks face was again, in shock. But then he smiled and started crying tears of joy. His hands moved up to wipe the tears and cover his smile.

"You know I'm not the best with romance." Dabi continued. "I want to take you somewhere more proper for this moment someday, but we'll have to wait till my scars heal." Dabi reaches for Hawks hand. "I love you, Keigo. I always have. Will you marry me?"

Hawks, still wide eyed and grinning, placed his hand in Dabi's. "Of course I will! I've dreamed of this for a long time." He watched as Dabi slid the ring on his finger.

They looked into each others eyes before coming together for a kiss. They're happiness and feelings for each other radiated.

Dabi broke the kiss. "You should join me in the bath. I got it all nice and hot."

Hawks looks at him. "You're obsessed with that thing. But yes I will join you."

(A/N- sorry super short chapter and also YAY!!!! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, even though it wasn't too sappy. Dabi didn't even kneel lol -e/n.)