Chapter 22: Forgiveness

Dabi POV

I got up early this morning and found myself surprised to see Keigo still asleep. That's right. I thought to myself. He said today was his day off. He was going to work on wedding details.

I got dressed in casual clothes that I found in the closet. A black long sleeve shirt and blue jeans did the trick. Or so I thought anyways.

I heard the ruffling on the bed quicken and turned to find Keigo sitting up. "You're going to wear that? That looks so ominous." He said while rubbing his tired eyes.

"Well I don't know how else to dress." I respond, returning to the closet in search for more clothes. I heard him get up before I felt his hand wrap around my waist as he appeared beside me.

"Move. I'll find you something." I got out of his way and watched him grab a few different outfits. "Start trying these on."

I looked at the clothing in disgust, but did as he said. When I finished, I looked in the mirror in disgust. "Who would ever wear something like this?"

I was wearing a lighter pair of blue jeans, that rode up more than I liked. A navy turtleneck, mainly to cover my scars, a bright yellow Hawaiian shirt with flowers everywhere, and a belt with a huge buckle to tie it all together. (Totally wish someone could draw this lol.)

Keigo let out a chuckle, but continued. "Wear this hat, mask and glasses when your talking to people up close. I know your scars are healing but we can't take any chances. It's already risky that you're going out there to begin with."

"What a pain in the ass." I responded. "I'm only delivering an invitation, not sightseeing."

"Yeah but you need to act like it. Now, do you want me to fly you there?" He asked.

"No, then I'll get spotted easily."

"Let me at least take you to the edge of the city."

"Fine. Now can we go?" I asked. He nodded in response before following me out the door.

It was a quick flight, and from there was about a 20 minute walk. My eyes scanned the crowd. It's 9:30am on a Tuesday morning, but for some reason it felt like everyone was out and about.

I felt claustrophobic, trying not to get too close to people, and still trying to make sure nobody would recognize me. I finally made it to my destination surprisingly in one piece.

"Hi there, sir. How may I help you today?" The green haired woman at the desk asked me once I entered.

"I uh." I wasn't expecting such positivity this early. "I came to visit someone today."

She nodded and smiled, "What is the last name of the person you're visiting?"

"Todoroki." I responded, remaining quiet as I looked around for cameras.

She typed it in the computer before continuing. "And your last name?"

"Uh." I tried not to make eye contact. "Todoroki."

She looked at me with concern. I began to think of everything bad she could say to me. Does she recognize me? Is she still here? Is He here?

"I've never seen you visit before." She finally spoke. "Are you one of her children?"

I looked at her blankly. "Yeah, I just flew into town to visit."