Chapter 17: Brothers!

Normal POV

They arrived at Hawks' home shortly. He placed Natsuo down and took off the gear. "How was the fly?"

"I didn't really feel anything." He responded, surprised. "I felt weightless."

"That's good." Hawks then turns and opens the door.
The two walk in to find Dabi sitting on the bed with his back facing them.

"For a hero who makes a lot of money and lives in a forest, your house is pretty small." Natsuo said as he entered.

"I don't know." Hawks responded. "I was always fond of the layouts of apartments. They are small and cozy, like a nest."

"I guess that makes sense."

They are now approaching the side of the bed to see what Dabi was up to.

"Dabi?" Hawks said as he got closer.

Dabi had an egg in one hand and a marker in the other. He was writing the number 3 in big writing on the shell. "Sup."

"What are you doing?! My eggs! Why are you writing on my eggs?" Hawks then snatched the one out of Dabi's hand and held it close.

"First of all, our eggs. Second, I got tired of you telling me in which order they came out so I made it easier to remember by writing on the shell." Dabi was slightly irritated. He then looks over to see his younger brother staring at him in confusion. "Hey Natsu."

Natsu couldn't even say anything. He just walked up to Dabi and gave him a hug.

He hugged back for a moment, patting Natsu's head. "It's nice to see you too, Natsu. But can you not squeeze me too hard?" Dabi replies to the gesture.

Natsuo releases him. "Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot you're covered in scars." He took a step back and examined his older brother closely. "Did you just staple your skin to yourself?"

"Pretty much. It's not completely detached. Just the edges. I tried taking it off to let it heal but it just won't." Dabi said.

"That's why your father and I are frantically searching for a healer." Hawks chimes in. "He never told me but I've one of my sidekicks watch him for a while."

Natsu looked confused. "Wait, you have one of your sidekicks stalking Endeavor?"

"Not really stalking. I'm just making sure he's not telling anyone else about our secret." Hawks responds.

"Oh, I know a few healers. Three are in one of my classes at my college. Maybe I can ask them to help."

"No. I don't want to be some experiment." Dabi frowned. "I won't do it unless you can guarantee that they won't turn me in."

"Well, if those things come out as little bird monsters, they will smell the rotting flesh on you and will probably pick you clean." Natsuo mentioned. "and if you want I can just bring them a skin sample and they can test it on that until they find something that works."

"I see. You have a point." Dabi chuckles. "Imagine if all kids ate their fathers. We wouldn't have suffered."

"Don't call my babies bird monsters." Hawks still sounded like he was throwing a tantrum. Hawks grabbed the graffitied eggs and moved them away, as if preventing them from hearing the insults.

Dabi and Natsu changed subjects to catch up with one another. They continued for about an hour before Hawks got the call that Endeavor was waiting for him to return.

"Will you ever come over to visit? Sis would love to see you. I don't know if Shoto remembers you." Natsu wondered.

"I will but not for a while." Dabi responded. "I wanted to wait until these ones hatch."

The two hugged before Hawks and Natsuo departed.

A few hours passed and Hawks was relieved that Endeavor's visit had nothing to do with his children or partner but was strictly about the LOV's movement.

Previously, Hawks dropped Natsuo off at his college so that Endeavor didn't know that he was involved.

Natsuo went to a class in the afternoon, where the healers he mentioned were in.

———————————————————————————

Natsuo POV
Afternoon

I walked into class and sat down in my usual spot. The class was, of course, biology, a subject required that I sucked at.

I sat through the boring lectures and kept an eye on my targets, who all sat in the front row. I won't let them leave without getting an answer.

When it was time for the class to end, I usually bolted, but today I stayed behind. I was surprised that the three I needed stayed behind as well. Turns out they usually stay for extra credit.

"Hey guys, can I ask you guys a question?" I asked as I approached them in the lab.

"Let me guess, you don't get the homework?" The taller male of the group responded.

"I'm not a guy." The girl responded, however, her attitude changed a little. 

Does she like me or something? I thought as I waited for the other guy to comment, but he remains quiet.
"No I have a potential experiment I wanted to ask you about."

The quiet one finally seemed interested. "Does it require a living thing? Maybe a mouse or bird?" The way he spoke seemed to creep me out a little.

"Yes actually." I responded. "But it's more like a human."

"No. We don't test people." The first guy butted in. "It's too dangerous."

"Listen. I have a friend who has been burned really badly. But healing quirks like Recovery Girl's can't heal the scars." I began to explain. "The burns themselves came from his own quirk."

"Could this friend possibly be a sibling of yours?" The girl asked. "I know your father has a fire quirk so it's kind of assumed that you have siblings with fire quirk."

"Yes, actually." I was surprised. She really is smart. "His body is made for an ice quirk but he has a very powerful fire quirk. I was wondering if you healers know of a way to heal scars of that level. I can get a skin sample if you need that to test."

"Interesting." The second guy adjusted his glasses. "I want to participate in this experiment. Now how will you get an actual skin sample? Wouldn't it hurt him?"

"His skin is practically falling off." I explained. "He tried cutting some of it off already and letting it heal, but it's either taking too long or not doing it at all."

"I want to help you with this." The girl responds, flirting. "But we can't guarantee the results."

I looked to the first guy who spoke. He seemed irritated by what she just said. Or maybe it was because she was clearly flirting with me.

"Well the vote is already 2 against 1." He starts. "But this does give us something to do that's quirk related.  If this were to be successful, we could become famous from this."

I took that as a yes and thanked them. "I will get you a sample as soon as I can. Thanks."

When I left, I gave Hawks a call. Of course he didn't answer since he was busy doing hero stuff, but I still left a message of their agreement.

(A/N- I will post another chapter by end of today!!! Enjoy!!! -e/n).