Chapter 18: Testing

Picture above: 3 healers + transfer student

Suijin Takeuchi (blonde):
Quirk: Time-heal: reverses cuts and bruises on the surface. (Like recovery girl, but not quirk specific).

Ichika Hagiwara (glasses);
Quirk: Heal-Mania: She can heal things internally, (like broken bones and muscle tears) but the strength of the heal depends on how full her stomach is (empty stomach = slower or no healing).

Korai Kobayashi (black hair):
Quirk: Death-healing. Causes healing to body to jumpstart adrenaline, reduces pain and stops bleeding, however, only short period of time. It could cause serious blood clots if used multiple times on the same patient, causing heart risks or death."

Becca Nelson (brunette without glasses):
Quirk: Quirkless, but has family with psychic related quirks.

——————————————
Normal POV

Within the next few days, Natsuo was able to get Dabi's skin sample from Hawks. Hawks cut 3 1-inch sections of burnt skin from the skin flaps of Dabi's lower back. The cut didn't pain Dabi any, but he was concerned on whether or not the skin could grow back. Natsuo arrived at the lab with the samples, as promised.

"You didn't mention they're purple." Suijin, Jin for short, argues on sight. "That means dead skin."

"No black means dead. Purple is almost dead." Korai corrected, with excitement.

"How long since these serious burns?" Ichika butted in. "A month or two?"

Natsuo cleared his throat. "He's dealing with it every time he uses his quirk, but the major incident was about ten years ago."

"Ten years? That's longer than I expected." Jin grumbled. "I was thinking 2 or three years tops."

"I'm glad you brought these though, it gives us time for all of us to research in our own methods. We will let you know if we find anything." Korai already began opening the bag, ready to get started.

"Do you know how long this could take?" Natsuo asked.

"Well, it will take a minimum of a week for the earliest results, but that's only if we make enough progress before experiments." Ichika responded.

"But that's if we can actually do anything at all." Jin grabbed his piece from Korai.

"Jin, why do you always have to be so negative?" A voice from behind said.

Natsuo turned to see and found another female classmate with long, light-brown hair.

"Becca, what are you doing here?" Ichika asked. "I thought you went home already."

"I did," Becca responded. "But mom told me to bring you a snack."

"Of course she did, thanks!" Ichika grabbed the bag and divided the snacks into 3 for her friends.

"Anyways, thank you. Please let me know if there's anything I could do to help." Natsuo continued before turning on his heel and heading for the door.

Becca was also leaving and decided to strike up the conversation. "You're Natsuo, right?"

Natsuo couldn't help but flinch, clearly not paying attention and the sudden question startled him. "Uh, yes."

"You're the one who gave them the experiment then." Becca responded. "I'm glad. Ichika talks about it nonstop at home."

"Are you, by chance, sisters?" Natsuo just came out and said it.

"Oh," she smiled. "No. We aren't even related. I am a foreign exchange student from the United States."

"That's pretty cool!" Natsuo could help but think her smile was cute. "I went to Seattle once when I was a kid. And California twice."

"Well next time you should visit what's in between."

Natsuo looked at her, confused.

"Oregon." She responded. "That's where I'm from. I head back there after I graduate with my agricultural degree next year."

Natsuo was surprised. "You're not doing biology?"

"Nope. I'm not into that kind of science as those three are. Things like that make me squeamish." She shook at the thought. "Anyways, it was nice meeting you. I'm heading this way, so I'll see you around."

Natsuo waved and watched her walk away. She's pretty cute.

(A/N- come on guys, I got to make at least one of the Todoroki boys straight, lol. -e/n).

————-
2 weeks had passed and Natsuo finally got the good news. He called Dabi immediately.

"Hey, they did it!" Natsuo said excitedly through the phone. "They can treat you tomorrow if you want."

Dabi rolled over on the bed. "Huh? What now? Who is this?"

Natsuo looked at his phone before responding. "It's three in the afternoon, Dabi. How are you still asleep?"

"Cause I am." Dabi mumbles. "So Natsu, how will we do this? Won't they recognize me?"

"Don't worry about that, it's been taken care of." Natsuo responded. "We also have a location set up for this, too. But they want it done early tomorrow."

"How early?"

"5:30 am."

Dabi sat up. "Why the hell-."

Natsuo butted in. "You can yell at me later for it. Let's just get this done and over with, okay?"

In response, Dabi hung up the phone and returned to his rest.

——————
The next morning.

Hawks woke Dabi around 3 in the morning and flew to the meeting location, a hotel near the college. There they found a room prepared, with a massage table for the treatment, Natsuo, his classmates, and Endeavor.

"What the hell is he doing here?" Dabi grumbled at the sight. "Did I need parent permission for this?"

"No." Natsuo said. "They agreed to keep their mouth shut if we got Hawks and Endeavor to give them a private autograph session afterwards. I told them that if they knew who you were beforehand, they wouldn't have offered to heal, therefore, the two top heroes would also ensure their safety."

"Whatever." Dabi looked at the students. The three stood there, one pissed off, the other terrified, and the third smiling creepily.

Korai was more than happy to speak. "The ointment we created will not turn your skin to normal over night. The purple coloring could take years to regulate. But, it will allow your skin to reattach relatively quickly, so you wouldn't have to wear the staple anymore. It also will take away any pain related to those burns."

"Sounds like fun." Dabi was already done with social gathering, but allowed him to continue.

"We will have you lay here and we will spread the ointment on before using our quirks to activate it. Please remove your clothes to expose the damaged skin."

Dabi followed the instructions and laid down in the table.

(A/N- okay peeps, hope you liked the chapter. I know it had a lot of new characters in it, but it's no biggie. These guys probably won't return. Maybe 1 tho cuz looks like Natsuo might have a little crush lol. Anyways, next chapter *evil laughs* definitely wasn't planned but I threw it in anyways. What will Dabi and Hawks be up to next??? Thanks for reading! -e/n).