Chapter 13: Number 1

(A/N- kinda weird things are going to happen. sorry if it makes you uncomfortable. -E/N.)

A few days later
Hawks POV

My wings finally grew in and I was able to fly a little. But my chest pain was still there, meaning that injury needed a lot more time to heal.

It was mid evening, I was laying in bed while Dabi was in the kitchen cooking food. I suddenly felt pain in my stomach, thinking I need to poop. As I made my way to the bathroom and planted on the toilet, the pain grew heavier. After about ten minutes, it was unbearable, and I began to cry.

It took another 10-15 minutes after that for Dabi to grow concerned and he knocked on the door. "Hey is everything okay in there? Food is almost done."

"Sorry, it might be a while." I responded. "It's a really large and painful poop. Can you get me some laxatives?"

I heard Dabi chuckle from the exterior of the door. "Maybe your laying an egg. You are part bird, aren't you?"

I knew he meant it as a joke, but the thought didn't even cross my mind before. Could I be laying eggs?
The thought scared me, mainly because I wasn't raised by parents of my own.

"Dabi, get in here. I need your help." I shouted.

"Just wait a moment, I'm still preparing the laxatives." Dabi responds. After a few mins he opened the door with a glass in hand.

I looked up at him from the toilet, and asked, "can you see if I'm laying an egg?"

Dabi's eyes only widened. He first thought it was a continuation of his previous joke, but after he saw that I was serious he set the glass down.

I leaned forward, enough for him to take a look.

"I think that is an egg..." he responds. "I'm just gonna....." I then feel him spread my cheeks even more than I thought they could, which caused even more pain. Suddenly the pressure and pain was gone, my knees felt weak and I collapsed to the ground.

I looked up to see Dabi holding a large egg in his hands.

We are going to be parents?!??!!!!

———————————————————————————
The next morning
Normal POV

Hawks slept with the egg in his arms all night, not knowing what else to do. When he woke up, he was relieved nothing happened to it in his sleep.

Once Dabi was up, they decided it was a good idea to make a few calls. Dabi used the files he had to call Hawks' father, who was said to have a similar quirk. Hawks decided to call his agency, to apologize for not calling over the past two weeks of his recovery, and to let them know he will be out for a few more weeks.

The phone rang on Dabi's end for a while until the other end finally picked up. "Hello?"

Dabi was confused on the answer before responding. "Are you Keigo's father?"

The other end was muttering and finally responded in the correct language, "yes biologically. Although I haven't been in contact with him and he lives on the other side of the world."

"Where the hell are you?" Dabi, now irritated about how irresponsible Keigo's father was.

"Europe." He responded. "It's 1 in the morning, what could be so important? Is he dead?"

"Uh, no." Dabi shook his head. "I had no idea you were out of the country. I just had a question. Keigo told me you had a similar quirk to him. Is it normal for him to lay an egg? Have you experienced that yourself?"

There was a light chuckle on the other end. "Oh, that question. Yes, I have experience with that. I laid his egg. I was surprised too and had no one in my family who had one, mainly because I was adopted. Anyways, when he came out of that thing, I was terrified. I didn't want to be a parent, yet I had a son that came from an egg. Everyone around me thought I was crazy. So after a few years, I found out about that place, and haven't seen him since, except occasionally the news."

Dabi pinched the bridge of his nose. "I didn't need the whole back story, but thanks anyways."

"Oh, and if you haven't noticed yet, sometimes he can lay multiple eggs. He had an egg sibling, but it ended up being a dud."

That information was useful to Dabi. "Yes thanks for the warning. You are going to be a grandfather of however many, if you even care. Thanks for the info, bye." Dabi heard him about to say something else but didn't care and hung the phone up.

Hawks on the other hand was still on the line with his agency. "Anyways, so I need to heal for a few more weeks. I'll update you weekly. If anyone needs me, let them know I am currently unavailable. Especially press or any dramatic person." He nodded his head a few times, "bye Arid." He hung up his phone.

"You didn't tell them about the egg, did you?" Dabi asked.

"Of course not. Just let them know I was still recovering. Slow Mission did what he was supposed to and took command while I was out. How was your call?"

"Oh, uh. He's in Europe, so it was 1 in the morning there. He said you came from an egg and he never wanted to be a parent." Hawks saw Dabi's expression become more irritated. "Also, he said laying multiple eggs was possible."

Hawks flinched at the thought. "Ouch."

"At least if you have more, we'll know and I can help you."

The two made breakfast together, ate, and Hawks returned to bed to nap while Dabi did some things around the house.

He eventually stood near sleeping Hawks and watched him sleep with the egg. This is my family now! He thought.

Moments later, the door was kicked in, and Endeavor entered.

(A/N- yes, the dramatics begin again. Let's see what Endeavor does when he sees villain Dabi still alive. Mwahaha -e/n.)