Chapter 6: Hawk's Mistress

(A/N- This will be a long chapter with some good stuff in it *wink *wink. My usual chapters have been around 600-900 words, but this one is pushing 2100. I couldn't find a good break and I'm sure you'll see why. Enjoy!!! -E/N)

Hawks POV

"Hawks? Hawks?" The voice echoed. "Excuse me, Hawks?"

I finally snapped out of it and came back to reality to find Arrid at my office door. "Oh, uh, yes come in."

"I'm sorry to disturb you, but I got that report you asked for." She explained as she walks up to the desk.

"Which one?"

"The one about those villains who robbed that store last night. You asked for it?"

"Oh yeah, that one." I responded, disappointed. "I was really hoping it was the healer one."

"I'm still working on that." She replies, "but there are a few possible candidates at a college near by."

"I will only ask them if I know for sure that their quirks can help. But for now, keep searching."

"Yes, Hawks."

I watched her leave before looking at the report. But I couldn't focus on it for long before my mind wandered again.

———last night———

I opened my door to find the apartment dark. I turned on a light and heard Dabi cough in the bathroom, which was cracked open slightly.

I noticed that behind that door, the lights were off, which made me curious to what he could be doing. I opened the door to find his back facing me. I turned on the light and said, "how can you see what you're doing if the lights are off?"

Dabi turned towards me a little, showing part of his bare chest. "It's because I don't want to see what I'm doing."

It was then I actually realized his shirt was off. His pants were still on, but low enough to give me an idea what was underneath. "What are you doing?"

"I'm bathing myself, technically." He turns back around. "I can't use a shower because then water will get under my skin flaps and could cause a worse infection."

I observed his back muscles, admiring how they turned out compared to when they were younger. "But why do it in the dark?"

"Because I find this disgusting."

I just stared at his back as he dunked his hair under the running water from the sink faucet. When he was finished, he turned around and walked towards me, hair dripping wet. I watched the water drip and run down his chest as he towered over me. He gave me a smirk before grabbing the towel he had hung on top the door.

"Are you doing okay?" He asked, while I was still in a daze. "You look pale." He finished whiping his hair dry and let the towel rest on his shoulders. He ran his hand through the damp hair and slicked it back.

It took a few seconds for me to realize he was talking to me before I responded. "Oh yeah, I should just head to bed. Long day." I immediately went to bed.

———— Dream is flashback ————
*still Hawks POV* (about 17 years ago~)

"Good morning children!" The man announced. "Today, all of you will start training to be a hero."

I looked around the room and saw 4 other kids. I looked back and my dad was gone. And the adults were all scary looking. I sat there, holding on to my Endeavor doll waiting for the scary people to leave.