Chapter 26: Broken

(A/N- sorry everyone. The last chapter (#25) I had some writers block and couldn't finish. It was mainly their honeymoon, but I didn't know where they should go and really struggled with it, so for now I'm skipping it. If y'all got any ideas, feel free to comment and then I can write it up to post. Thank you for understanding. -e/n).

A few weeks later:
Normal POV

Hawks was laying in the bed next to the eggs, trying to keep them warm. Dabi over on the couch looking out window, deep in thought.

Crack!

Hawks lifts his head and Dabi looks in the direction.
Hawk sees the crack on first egg.  "Oh my god. It's happening." He sits up and watches. "Dabi, come over quick. One's hatching!"

"I can see just fine from here."

"Suit yourself." He gets his phone camera ready, and records. The egg cracked more until a piece finally broke off.

Hawks looked into the hole of the egg and saw the baby inside, who was trying to break more shell off.
"Dabi! It's a little girl!!! And she has wings like mine!!!!"

The baby's head was finally out of the shell and Dabi looked away.  "Of course her hair is red." He muttered.

Hawks picked the little girl up. "Look, she's smiling. So pure and bright! What should we name her?"

"If she's so bright then find a kanji that means bright." Dabi said with an attitude. "If another one is a redhead, then I'm leaving."

"Dabi. Don't say that." Hawks laid the baby down in blanket. "Just 'cause she has red hair doesn't make her your father. Remember, that's the gene you passed down."

He looked back at Hawks. "Let's just hope that's all she inherited from me."

The next morning:

Hawks was in the kitchen making breakfast, his feathers were still making a nest for the eggs.

Crack!

"Hawks, you got another one." Dabi mumbles loudly.

There was a few seconds of loud bangs of pots and pans before Hawks rushed into the room.

"What? The egg that's hatching is number 3? Why is it hatching now?" Just as Hawks pondered the question, he heard a cry.

The girl started to cry from the loud noises. "Dabi, can you hold Akari to calm her down?"

"Why do I have to?"

Hawks rushes over and tries to shush their daughter. "Then look out for the one that's hatching."

"I can do that from here." Dabi didn't bother to take his eyes off the window.

"Damnit." Hawks grabs Akari, who was still crying and grabs her cradle and brings them closer to the hatching egg, so he can watch both.

Ever since Akari started crying, the egg seemed to hatch faster than previously. Pretty soon, the whole top came off and the child inside was visible.

This one was different than the first. The eyes were open, and mouth was neutral. The baby was completely silent.

"Hello little one." Hawks said happily as he reached his finger to touch its cheek.

"Is it dead? I don't here crying?"

"Will you shut it?" Hawks snapped at Dabi for being such a jerk.

The sudden volume change made the new baby flinch, it's face full of fear. It's silver-grey eyes started to drop tears.

"Oh no. I'm sorry I scared you little one." Hawks picks the now crying baby out of the eggshell. "Oh look. He's a boy!" Hawks lifts him for Dabi to see. "Look at the little peepee. Isn't he cute?"

"The fact that you just called genitalia cute concerns me." Dabi looks over. "Oh look, it has wings, just like you. At least this one is bald."

"Jackass." Hawks says as he pulls the child in for a hug, calming him down. "And he's not bald. He has short blonde hairs growing up there."

"Well if you say he's blonde then why not relate that to his name. Like a kanji meaning light or pale." Dabi subjects.

"Like Haku?" Hawks replied while placing their son in a blanket.

"Too short."

"Kuuhaku? It means sky and light."

"That makes sense." Dabi grumbles before falling back asleep.

(A/N- okay y'all, wow! They have children now. Remember, there is one eggie left. Will it hatch next chapter or be a dud? Thanks for the read! -e/n).