Chapter 19: NANI?!?!

(A/N- hahahahaha I love titling chapters! -e/n.)

A month after Dabi recovered.
POV normal

Dabi was home alone, deep in thought. Well not alone since the eggs were with him. He had the tv on, but not paying attention to it. Instead he kept glancing at the eggs, imagining them bursting open.

The thought was almost scary to him. He was about to have children enter the world, yet he himself has accomplished nothing. He thought about how he aimed to kill his own father, the bastard, but that act itself would leave the kids without a grandfather.

He remembered when his own grandfather died, Endeavor's father, when he was so young. And the connection he had with his other grandfather on his mom's side. Was he even still alive? Dabi wondered.

His scars may have healed enough to where he didn't need the staples, but those three said it could take years for the discoloration to heal, meaning going into the public is still a no no.

He decided to get up and walk around for a little while before going into a bathroom and starting the bath.

Ever since his skin resealed, Dabi has been taking baths regularly, as much as a few times a day. He removed his pants and shirt and sat on the edge of the pool-tub in his briefs and his feet dangling in as the water rose. He was deep in thought of what things he could still accomplish from home.

Dabi reached for his phone and looked up a few articles. The one that caught his eye was '10 things to do while staying at home' (actual article). "I have a basic schedule..... go outside 15 minutes twice a day?" He took a moment to think. "I haven't gone outside since I they healed me. I should do that later."

He skimmed the article some more. "Exercise." He looked down at his body. If this was a month ago, he would have been disappointed at the sight, back when he still looked pathetic. Now, he was ripped again. "No wonder Keigo has been so touchy lately." He smirked. He felt the water reach his ankle, which felt so good. " I should call Natsu later." He said after reading the next one on the list. "'Work on a project.' There's nothing to do around here." He continued. "'Find things to look forward to,' duh, that's life."

What he said struck a cord, then he got an idea. He closed the article before deciding to do some online shopping. Soon after, the tub was full and he lowered himself in, after removing his briefs of course. He sat down along the edge, shoulders covered while his hands, head and phone remained above the water as he continued his research.

About an hour later, he gave Natsuo a call.

"Hey Natsu, can you do me a favor?" He asked. "I need you to pick me up something and bring it here before Hawks gets home."

"Sure, I'll do it!" He responded, excited to come over again. "What do you need me to get?"

"I will send you the information on it. Make sure you bring your ID and stamp, they will check both." Dabi explained. "I need you to get the old man to distract Hawks for a few hours too." Dabi looked over at the TV. "Never mind. Looks like some villains are in the area near his agency and their both on it."

"Ok, I'll see you later."

"Bye."

It was around 3pm when Natsuo made it over to see Dabi and deliver the package. By then, the villain's attack was over, so knowing Hawks would soon be home, they didn't get to hang out for too long.

2 hours after Natsu left, Hawks arrived. He was exhausted. Not only did he have the villain attack that day, the media was all over him, which was normal. But he got stuck in a lecture by Endeavor afterwards that lasted over an hour. He entered the house to find Dabi sitting on the bed like usual.

"Keigo," Dabi started like usual. He usually said 'Keigo welcome home' every time Hawks arrived. However, today he changed it up, to accomplish his goal. "Let's get married."

(A/N- omg 😱 yes yes yes, I just did that. This chapter here was not originally going to happen (or at least not the way I originally had him ask) and I just love cliff hangers! Enjoy next chapter with Hawks response. -e/n.)