Level 27: Pope's True Colors

(Legend)

Bold Text is Powerful Voice!
Italicized Text is thinking.
Text in these [ ] or these > < are system texts
Text in these { } are timeskip or location texts
Text in these * * are actions while speaking

*******************

(Opening 2, 01:30-02:59)

The scene opens up as Melty's voice could be heard.

Melty: KEITH!!!

Keith's armor falls to the ground and shatters to white shards and particles in front of everyone's eyes. Melty sobs into Filo's embrace and so did Kaida while Yanoka buries her face into her hands and sobs.

Motoyasu: What was that..?

The party members of the Spear Hero just looked around in shock of what just happened.

Motoyasu: Myne, do you know what just happened?

Myne: *shock, disbelief* That power couldn't have possibly come from- It can't be...

Slow clapping was soon heard. They all looked at its origin, which was a person on the edge of the crater. His voice was very familiar to everyone.

Pope: Truly remarkable. You just took Judgement head on, an extremely powerful ritual. And yet you're still standing.

Zane grits his teeth in anger as his eyes turned red and his pupils turned slitted.

Pope: *continues to clap slowly* I'd expect nothing less from you. Unfortunately, your friend couldn't survive the Judgement.

Melty: It's the Pope?!

Zane: You..! You're the one back at the cathedral at the capital!

Pope: Oh, so you remember who I am, do you? Then surely, you remember all your sins as well.

Zane: Nani the fuck?! What are you fucking talking about you?!

Pope: God bestowed Holy Water upon you and yet you refuse to show him gratitude for that most righteous gift.

Zane: The fuck... I go to church every Sunday... How am I not showing him gratitude..?

Pope: You also deceived the people and lead them to turn against their own country.

Zane: That's their fault! You just suck at keeping them faithful!

Pope: You must be punish.

Zane: No thanks, I'm not gay!

Pope: I shall purify you in the name of God. Your transgressions will plague this land no more!

Myne: *insulted, aggravated* How dare you Pope Balmus! Do you realize what you've just done?! You very nearly killed the next queen with that attack and the Spear Hero as well!

Pope: The Spear Hero and his party, including the princess, were murdered by the devils. At least, that's the story the world will be told. As far as God is concerned, you're all dead already.

Motoyasu: What is this? Myne, can you explain what he's talking about?

Pope: And if the lives of those who have been marked for death do finally come to an end, that means all is right with the world. Everything shall be exactly the way God desires it to be.

Raphtalia: This man's insane!

Yanoka: That logic is pretty twisted.

Melty: Reminds me of someone...

She looks at Myne, who still has a face full of shock and disbelief.

Pope: Oh but don't worry, we have a plan for a new government to take the royal family's place.