Level 28: Return of the Bow and Sword Hero

(Legend)

Bold Text is Powerful Voice!
Italicized Text is thinking.
Text in these [ ] or these > < are system texts
Text in these { } are timeskip or location texts
Text in these * * are actions while speaking

*******************

(Opening 2, 01:30-02:59)

The scene opens up with Itsuki and Ren standing on the opposite edge of where the Pope is before sliding down to the center of the crater and regroup with the others.

Myne: *surprised* Sir Itsuki, Sir Ren!

Motoyasu: *confused* Y-You... You came back from the dead?

Zane: *facepalms* For fucks sakes dude...

The two land in front of Motoyasu and Zane as Ren looks over to Myne.

Ren: *expressionless* Don't you go killing us off.

Zane: Oh yeah... He's the so called, "rip-off Kirito"... I can see why... Emo and wields a sword...

Ren walks forwards before stabbing his sword on the grounds and takes a kneel as he activates a skill.

Ren: Hundred Swords!

Dozens of spiritual swords surrounded Ren and were launched towards the Pope, who blocks the attack with another barrier.

Pope: *to the Bishop* Dedicate half of our mages to keeping the barrier active to hold off their attacks.

Bishop: Are you sure that's wise? Reducing the number of mages will delay Mana supply to the weapon.

Pope: Our enemies will need a good deal of time as well. Time to recognize their sins and realize they must pray for the mercy of God.

Bishop: Yes, your excellency.

Itsuki draws his bow string and aims at the Pope, activating a skill that fires multiple arrow shots. The shots did nothing to the Pope due to the barrier.

Itsuki: That forcefield is annoying.

Motoyasu: *still confused* Hey, wait, how are you guys even here? I thought you were dead.

Ren: We very nearly were, but we're fine. Their trap didn't do the job. That's all there is to it.

Motoyasu: So... What happened to you?

Ren: Itsuki and I thought something as strange about the Church, so we quietly started investigating them. We discovered a secret file that had been hidden in the cathedral archives.

Itsuki: It described a replica of the Cardinal Weapons and where it had been hidden. We decided that it would be a good idea to check it out for ourselves. Clearly, they didn't like that very much. We never found the replica because the Three Heroes Church had lured us to a fake shrine, where they tried to assassinate us. We were saved by a group that said they served the queen, they called themselves "Shadows". We owe them our lives.

Zane: *mutters* Huh, so you guys met them too... Nice... 

Itsuki: I think the Church stole my reward, back when I overthrew that despot. I understand now that you were framed, Zane.

Zane: *eye twitches slightly* F-Framed..! You idiots kept blaming and pinning stuff on us before!

Motoyasu: *pats Zane's back* They did that on you too, huh? You got bad luck.

Zane: *eye twitches violently* Bad luck my ass! You were trying to kill us earlier! Not that you could anyways...

Itsuki and Ren stood side by side and readied their weapons.