Late At Night Confession

Fluff

I woke up randomly, again... I thought.

Every night this happens to me. Except I sleep again after waking up.

This time, I can't even feel any sort of sleepiness.

I open my eyes wider and look around. It's really dark. Huh, it's still late at night. I sigh and get off my bed to get some water and eventually I can get sleepy. I hope...

I quietly go to the mess hall and get some water the drink. Good thing there's nobody here. I thought. I slowly drink the water as I walk to a hidden place. Somewhere anybody can relax.

I discovered this place since 2 years ago.

I breath as I felt the wind of the breeze. I open my eyes to see the tall trees and the full moon sticking up at the sky. What a beautiful sight.

I sit down and let my hands feel the grass. I sat in a position where my chest meets my thighs and wrap my arms around my legs. I close my eyes so I can at least drift to sleep in this beautiful, hidden place. I don't care if I'm caught, I just need to have energy for tomorrow's training.

I could never ask to feel this relaxed. The breeze touching my skin, the whistle of the wind passing by my ears, the sound of the grass dancing by the wind.

I feel myself getting sleepier and sleepier. At last. I thought.

I feel all the sounds fading away. But, one sound caught my attention.

I immediately open my eyes, widely. The sound of footsteps behind me.

Footsteps? Why am I hearing them?

I silently sigh

Doesn't matter.

I then suddenly thought, why would there be footsteps in here? It's supposed to be a secret, a secret place. Why would someone go here?

I suddenly felt my heart racing and butterflies flying around my stomach.

The footsteps got louder and louder and stopped right behind me.

Oh God, I'm not ready for this.

I thought while panicking.

What should I do?! What do I do?!

I lift my head and turn it to the side to see a pair of boots.

I look up to see a familiar face with short black hair.

But who is this?

I stare at her with a nervous look while she looks at me with a completely calm expression.

Without thinking, I nervously stand up to meet their face.

The only face I see is an expression full of nothingness, an expression I can't explain.

Wait, I recognize who this is...she's...

The one and only Mikasa Ackerman who is standing right in front of me right now, with her arms crossed.

I just stare, mouth closed and eyes open widely.